1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Conformity?

Anything stand out?

Any concerns?

Here is the $64,000.00 question...What will a litter look like?

Charlotte:

Photos removed by ADMIN since no permission was given to have them posted.

Ernst:

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
There really isn't much anyone can tell you just from those pictures. Most likely the puppies will be red and black.

Do either of the parents have hip or elbow certification? What are their temperaments like? Do they have any working titles or are they working dogs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There really isn't much anyone can tell you just from those pictures. Most likely the puppies will be red and black.

Do either of the parents have hip or elbow certification? What are their temperaments like? Do they have any working titles or are they working dogs?
They and both of their parents are OFA. They come from import working lines.

The bitch is higher drive and her head and bones are phenomenal.

Ernst is a bouncy play boy with crazy ball drive.

Temperament of the pups is anticipated to be 2's with a few 3's thrown in upon testing. Just what I have been searching for.

I looked forever to find these coats and colors.

We never spoke about working titles for this pair but previous litters have titled and some are working. The breeder has a following and places a lot of dogs with SAR, Corrections and Police. She is only 40 or so miles from Von Liche.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Try posting the full names of the parents so the bloodline gurus can look them up and maybe give you an idea of what to expect :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Judging by the look of the dogs they look like showlines, not working lines. Do you have their pedigrees?
Pedigrees in front of me? No, I only have what she has related to me. Your observation about them being Show Lines is interesting considering her kennel has never pursued Show Lines. Just working and companion GSD.

What prompted that observation?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
"Pedigrees in front of me? No, I only have what she has related to me. Your observation about them being Show Lines is interesting considering her kennel has never pursued Show Lines. Just working and companion GSD."
The difference between show and working line has to do with their pedigrees and origins - not what the dogs actually do at the moment.

Father especially looks like classic WGSL - mother is probably muddled lines with majority WGSL. This breeding will probably be a couple generations down from titled West German Showlines ("We never spoke about working titles for this pair"). The breeding will probably produce heavy boned black and red pups with dark mask, good pigment, moderate structure (dam is a little sway backed though) - temperament, nerve, ability etc depends on what the breeding throws.

What is the pedigree? Be careful in Indiana - they are more than a few unsavory types as far as puppy sales go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try posting the full names of the parents so the bloodline gurus can look them up and maybe give you an idea of what to expect :)
Email sent but with spring upon us she is covered up training so I might not hear anything for a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Pedigrees in front of me? No, I only have what she has related to me. Your observation about them being Show Lines is interesting considering her kennel has never pursued Show Lines. Just working and companion GSD.

What prompted that observation?
The look of the dogs, color and body type.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I'm wary of the fact that the website only has "x-rayed" without the ratings, and the fact that none of their breeding stock have registered names listed... as well as the use of the term "old world". I don't know enough about conformation to give specifics, but some of the dogs they're breeding have wonky conformation and poor pigmentation.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
** quote removed/deleted post**

Mishmash of lines - catering to pet homes. Probably several generations down from titled, koered, rated parents. No clear objective as far as lines go - there is a mix of all types in their program. Could you get a nice pet out of this kennel? Maybe - but I'm not sure someone could predict for sure as the mix is too varied and there seem to be no certs/titles on breeding dogs other than hip/elbows.

·
Registered
701 Posts
would someone care to shed light on this "all eastern german female", looks nothing like any DDR dog that I have seen, was under the impression they do not have this coloring?
though i am not sure what coloring could tell. just curious.

Caterina pictured below:
All Eastern German Female

** Photo removed by ADMIN. **

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Mishmash of lines - catering to pet homes. Probably several generations down from titled, koered, rated parents. No clear objective as far as lines go - there is a mix of all types in their program. Could you get a nice pet out of this kennel? Maybe - but I'm not sure someone could predict for sure as the mix is too varied and there seem to be no certs/titles on breeding dogs other than hip/elbows.
The parents don't seem to actually have certs on the hips/elbows either... no OFA ratings are listed. No mention of OFA at all, actually.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Before we go down the road of breeder bashing (as it could go there.........) To the op

At the very least-
-pedigrees
-OFA Certifications not just x-rays
-Documented working history?
-REFERENCES, not statements - who is their following?
-Have you met the dogs?
-Volhard? one time puppy tests not really what most folks looking for a working prosect will rely on. Who is doing the testing and where - are they following the protocol? What about P.A.W.S.?

There just is not any information on that wepbage to give an objective opinion without just trashing the breeder due to lack of information.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I wouldn't go anywhere near this breeder, you can find much better ones out there. Their website alone has me shaking my head

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I can't comment because you are very excited and looked for a long time before you found this breeder and pair.
I don't think you want to hear negative things and there is no breeder bashing allowed on this board.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.