German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been to a dog show before, so I don't know what makes a good show dog. I took some pictures of her and wanted to get some critiques. The breeder, who is biased (she gets really attached to her puppies:) thinks she is wonderful. I tried to get proper pictures of her, but like I said, I am new to this. An input you have would be great

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies! She is 8 months old now, so she still has some growing to do
Her mother was a very large shepherd (almost 100 lbs!!)

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Large boned female with flat withers, good topline and a well positioned croup that should be longer. Very good angulation in the rear, but her shoulder is very straight.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
She's lovely. When you're talking about show, you mean in breed or in obedience? In breed, you want what lhczth is talking about. In OB, I think the most important thing is the dog is having fun strutting around the ring: positive attitude, working happily with a smile and a big swoosh of her lovely tail.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
we weren't really sure. I am new to most of the AKC sports, i have taken some agility classes with my other dog but i was just thinking of things to get involved with to spend time working with her. i think she would do really well with obedience. she is very submissive and eager to please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts