German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From what I understand of stacking, we didn't stack him perfectly, and the grass was too long... but whatever... its the pic I've got lol. Thanks

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I am obviously not a professional at all when it comes to critiquing a dog's structure but IMO and I do not mean to be rude, he seems a little overweight to me, IMO I think he could lose 5 pounds or maybe a tiny bit more. Sorry. He has handsome coloring though. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am obviously not a professional at all when it comes to critiquing a dog's structure but IMO and I do not mean to be rude, he seems a little overweight to me, IMO I think he could lose 5 pounds or maybe a tiny bit more. Sorry. He has handsome coloring though. :eek:
He's just beefy... built like a brick poop house lol. We weighed him that day, and he was 83! Before I worked him he creeped up to 97 :eek: The leanest he's ever been as an adult lol

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You look at the pic and you can see the stomach tuck nicely into the hips which are clearly well muscled not fat. He has a big chest though which I like.
You've hugged him recently lol. He's not fat is he? lol

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
The photo is very small. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm not an expert at all, but he's very nice looking! You can easily see his muscle definition! Did he just get a bath? His fur near his right shoulder looks to have been blown? Doesn't look overweight at all to me. At 83 lbs, and looking like that...one solid dog!

·
Banned
5,124 Posts
I think a lot of it is the grass...makes his legs look shorter and so his chest looks out of proportion. He's a good looking male. Head is probably a bit small, but my dog has that problem too...a big chest makes everything else look smaller. So his head is probably a good size lol.

Can you post just a headshot? Front and side?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Can I just say that I adore him? I really love his head, great secondary sex characteristics, excellent ear set. Gorgeous pigment. TBH, the grass is throwing me off... would love to see a stack on pavement!

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
NOT an expert at all.. in fact I don't critique dogs ever because I barely know how to "professionally" but I can say he is very handsome.. looks like a brick, seems to have the same body build as Titan. I can't stack to save my life or I would share Titan's lol. I am a fan of the indents (no idea the correct terminology) around the hips and waist area.. to me that say lean and fit :)

K that's all I got.. he is very handsome though.. starting to REALLY like Sables. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Very mature male with excellent secondary sex characteristics. The tall grass is making a distorted picture, but he is very masculine and beefy through the shoulders and neck. OK withers and topline, good position of a croup that should be longer. Very good angulation in front, good behind. Good length of upper arm (getting hard to find). Very good color. I would like to see a couple of pounds off of him, but photos can be misleading. :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Stunning male, I've always liked him. I thought of Stuka before I even remembered that he was his sire :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Horrible conformation, poorly pigmented ugly dog, reminds me of a coyote.
I can tell from the picture that his nerves are also terrible and that he can't work at all. Probably little to no drive.
Your only option is probably to bring him by my clinic immediately for euthanasia (before he bites a child or the elderly), and no you may not be present and you may not receive the body back. I will dispose of it very properly ;);););)

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
i think he appears heavier due to the brushiness of his coat
i can see plenty of tuck and the last rib :)
he is very handsome and masculine and there is little to find fault with :wub:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Handsome - substantial.....what I like in a male!

Lee

1 - 20 of 25 Posts