German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So here is my boy. I would love some honest opinions as to his structure. He is 19mo, intact, 73 lbs.

First time stacking him in over a year, and I was by myself, and boy was he confused. As you can tell by his tail.

ImageUploadedByPG Free1412450617.520174.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1412450632.530865.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1412450647.344842.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1412450657.870461.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1412450667.860117.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
You really do need to stop abusing that dog. :eek:

Waiting for the larger photos to download. :(

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Can you maybe get someone to help you? He is hunching down since he isn't happy and it is distorting the real dog. His color is gorgeous.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL!!! I can try. He seriously looks like I am killing him!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
LOL I've seen that look from Dax so much. It's hilarious. I stacked Dax on the tailgate of my truck. I think for some reason that helped .

Have you noticed that our boys, Dax, Nix and Eli are all 3 letters? That cracks me up for some reason.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying with better pictures hopefully

ImageUploadedByPG Free1412526367.372328.jpg

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more ImageUploadedByPG Free1412540009.446528.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
It is dark so I can't really see his shoulder, but can see the rest well enough. :)

Young masculine male with normal withers, good topline, good placement of a croup that should be longer. He looks to be balanced with good angulation front and rear. Very good pasterns and feet. Excellent color and pigment. .

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...croup that should be longer. .

Thanks Lisa!!! Can you explain this a bit more? I am confused as to what the croup is and correctness!!!

It seems harder to get correct lighting for his picture than my black dogs!!! He is a very nice pigmented dark sable. Just waiting for him to fill out some more. His chest is still pretty narrow!!!

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments. I adore this dog!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He doesnt look abused in those other two pictures! lol

He looks really good.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I know he's nice but he's hard to see. Our dark boys don't show up well in the shade.
I will start a Dax, Nix, Eli thread for us this week so we can get these cousins all in one thread! :)

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He doesnt look abused in those other two pictures! lol

He looks really good.

LOL!!! I know, the first ones were depressing. Gosh forbid I ask him to stand!! Turd.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I know he's nice but he's hard to see. Our dark boys don't show up well in the shade.
I will start a Dax, Nix, Eli thread for us this week so we can get these cousins all in one thread! :)

Sounds like a plan! I'll try to get new pictures of patchy boy lol.

LOL!!! I know, the first ones were depressing. Gosh forbid I ask him to stand!! Turd.

I need to try to stack Dax again..... with him looking where he's supposed to! He'll probably give the "stop beating me!" stance too.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Eli looks really good!

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eli is very handsome!!!

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
So are Dax, Eli and Nix related thru their dam or sire?

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Croup is from the point of the hip to the point of the butt. :) The longer this distance the more room for correct muscling, longer muscles, and also helps the dog have more reach/drive to propel the dog forward while moving. It is a common problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts