German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a stack pose... just took a snapshot. I just wanted your opinion concerning his size. He is such a joy. Very strong and responsive; He’s still mouthy at times especially when he gets excited while playing. His color changes have been amazing and fun to watch… There seem to be a new strip of black here or there every day. SABLES ROCK!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
30,388 Posts
His belly doesn't look tucked up. Can you feel his ribs? When you look down at him, can you see a waist? He just looks a little heavy to me.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
His belly doesn't look tucked up. Can you feel his ribs? When you look down at him, can you see a waist? He just looks a little heavy to me.
I agree with Jax.

I dont think he looks fat but I do think he could lose 5 pounds or a little bit more than that.

He is handsome though. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jax,
I actually thought he was on the thin side...lol - this picture is from a camera phone (poor quality)... Sometimes i can feel his ribs... overhead he has a waiste and then broaden at his hips... very muscular in the hips... I feed him twice a day TOTW... He weighed about 74 lbs a couple of weeks ago... (what does tucked up mean?)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Jax,
I actually thought he was on the thin side...lol - this picture is from a camera phone (poor quality)... Sometimes i can feel his ribs... overhead he has a waiste and then broaden at his hips... very muscular in the hips... I feed him twice a day TOTW... He weighed about 74 lbs a couple of weeks ago... (what does tucked up mean?)
How many cups of TOTW do you feed him a day?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
When you look at him from the side, his waist should "tuck up" behind his rib cage up to where his body joins his hips.
Like this right?

*People say my GSD is too skinny so I am in the process of putting 5 pounds on him.*

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GREAT LAUGH!!!!! i WAS JUST STRESSING HERE AT WORK AND THEN YOUR EMAIL NOTICE... ROTFLOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i agree he does look a lil bit heavy, especially for 8.5 months old but then again my 8 month old i think is too skinny but everyone says she's fine. Other than a little heavier than i would like to see a pup, he's a good looking dog!

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is not a stack pose... just took a snapshot. I just wanted your opinion concerning his size. He is such a joy. Very strong and responsive; He’s still mouthy at times especially when he gets excited while playing. His color changes have been amazing and fun to watch… There seem to be a new strip of black here or there every day. SABLES ROCK!!!
beautiful! I pick up my sable this saturday!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
beautiful! I pick up my sable this saturday!

just remember.... we naturally want tons of pictures!!! especially as your pup grows!!! love to see those changes!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
8.5 months? not too fat
He's a growing boy.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I didn't know GSD pups could resemble Star Wars characters...

:p I kid, I kid!

Your boy is very handsome.
aww, cute! I call my dog yoda when the ears go to halfmast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts