German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Critique my German Shepherd, positively or negatively.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Beautiful dog, he looks very agile and athletic. I don't know anything about showing or critiquing dogs, but maybe if his hind leg was pulled back a bit in the first picture he would look longer and his angulation would show up more. At any rate, I'd be proud to have a handsome dog like that. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful dog, he looks very agile and athletic. I don't know anything about showing or critiquing dogs, but maybe if his hind leg was pulled back a bit in the first picture he would look longer and his angulation would show up more. At any rate, I'd be proud to have a handsome dog like that. :)
Thank you very much :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Angulation has nothing to do with the topline/back, but with the angles of the shoulder and rear. It is hard to see a black dog with shadows and the rear is almost impossible to judge in this photo. The front actually looks pretty good. OK withers, back, short loin, croup looks to be short and slightly steep. Nice tight feet. Looks to be a hair cow hocked on the right from your rear photo. How old is he and is he neutered? I would like to see a bit more masculine head and stronger lower jaw. I also would like a darker eye on a black dog.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Very beautiful !! Could use some more angulation though
where and why?

the dog is either very puppy -- or needs to have more secondary sex characteristics - if male needs masculinity to be evident

head needs a better lower jaw - better muzzle -- looks a bit like a Belgian Groenendael - black long coated Malinois

looks to be a very balanced dog

·
Registered
813 Posts
Very beautiful !! Could use some more angulation though
where and why?

the dog is either very puppy -- or needs to have more secondary sex characteristics - if male needs masculinity to be evident

head needs a better lower jaw - better muzzle -- looks a bit like a Belgian Groenendael - black long coated Malinois

looks to be a very balanced dog
Carry on I don’t know what I’m talking about lol!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Has he been neutered too young?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts