German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
This should really be moved to the breeding section under the sub topic Critique my dog, but I am not a moderator so I cannot do it.

First of all, you have a very nice looking dog. He is very handsome and looks very happy. He has very good angles in the rear, slightly short upper arm in the front. The way he is standing makes it difficult to see how his back looks but I think if he would stacked better, you would see a nice long croup, a level back and a decent but maybe slightly flat wither. From the tuck in his belly, and over all weight and depth of his chest I originally assumed he was much younger than 3 years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll repost it there :) He's a very happy dog. I'll repost with an older stacked picture of him as well. He is 25" at the withers and 75lbs now. He has a really high metabolism this was before dinner so he looks extra sucked up lol

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Rather than that - I just sent a notify to an admin to move it to "critique my dog"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I was just going to repost the whole thing but something told me to check back here first! Here's a few more pictures. The last two are a from the other day and the other stacked photo is almost a year old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks! I was just going to repost the whole thing but something told me to check back here first! Here's a few more pictures. The last two are a from the other day and the other stacked photo is almost a year old.

Beautiful boy! I don't mean to be, "that person," but has someone shown you how to properly apply the prong/pinch collar? It's supposed to be much higher up than in your pictures and tighter. Of course it's only supposed to be used when training, needing corrections, etc...and you could have just added a few links because you weren't training. There is a great video on youtube about proper application of the pinch. I'll try and find it. And again, I mean absolutely no snarkiness or rudeness. I myself had no idea how to use a pinch or how it was supposed to be worn initially. Just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't :).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We rarely use it anymore. I added two extra links to make it more "relaxed" if he wears a flat collar he knows he can be a jackass and not get in too much trouble, especially if a lot of people are around. When he wears his pinch I think the possibility of a correction is in the back of his head, at least that's my assumption lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts