German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my Lara, this is just for fun, sorry if my stacks are bad,, she's wiggly :)

Thanks for looking :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I will not critique her b/c I know nothing lol but what I do know she is a looker beautiful pup...:)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
no topline, stifles are tight, loose pasterns, feet are east
and west, to much color, not enough tail. i have no idea
what i'm talking about. :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I don't like evaluating puppies. Some reason my eye has a hard time visulazing the mature dog. I would like to see a bit stronger pasterns. Angulation front and rear looks very good. Feet look very good with excellent bone. Take some more at a year. She is very cute and her color is nice and rich.

·
Banned
377 Posts
I don't like evaluating puppies. Some reason my eye has a hard time visulazing the mature dog. I would like to see a bit stronger pasterns. Angulation front and rear looks very good. Feet look very good with excellent bone. Take some more at a year. She is very cute and her color is nice and rich.
What she ^^^ said. Very hard (and unfair?) to critique puppies. So many things will change and different parts grow at different times. However, nice bone and pigment on her. She looks a little square but she's a puppy and her proportions will change.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Her tongue is too big for her mouth. 75% of the time it is sticking out. LOL! That is all I got on your pretty girl.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What she ^^^ said. Very hard (and unfair?) to critique puppies. So many things will change and different parts grow at different times. However, nice bone and pigment on her. She looks a little square but she's a puppy and her proportions will change.
Oh fair enough, I expected a lot of bad things because she's got no proportions and is in some weird teenager all legs phase :D It was more just to see if there is anything drastically wrong with her structure or so I could ask some questions. For example, her pasterns need to be stronger. Is this something that will change with age perhaps, should I be changing her exercise to develop the muscle in her legs and strengthen them? (also this is a REALLY nooby question, but what does "nice bone" mean? I know very very little about conformation)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a critique, but she is beautiful! How big is she? She looks huge.
She's about 40 lbs right now, I'm also a short person so she usually looks extra big standing next to me :].

And yes she likes to have her tongue out. It was a blistering hot 60 whole degrees yesterday :apple:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
She's really gorgeous :wub:

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Her pasterns should start to improve once she is totally done with teething and as she matures. When I say she has good bone I am looking at the size/density/circumference of the bone in her legs.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been awhile, not looking for a critique again jsut thought i'd update this thread with a recent picture so I can reference back to this later :)
5 months old, I think she got a little longer, less square like the original pics in the thread, still wanna see nicer pasterns though, I hope they get better when she's an adult :)

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
She is a beautiful girl! No clue on critique, but I say she is a good looking pup.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just updating again, don't mind me :) I'm going to come back in a year and look over all these that I posted to compare etc.

Don't need a critique :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts