German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brick is not show material, I know that, but I'm interested in opinions about his structure anyway. He is 27" 77lbs

slightly different angle of view and his hind legs position

he has narrow chest when standing but I don't have decent photo of that, his feet/legs are east-west.

His back legs are straight, looking from behind. His elbows turn inside when he moves a bit faster.

link for bigger res LINK

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
He is a puppy. A lot of filling out to do. The chest will widen and drop as he matures which will help the front. Right now he is all leg and also very athletic looking.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I had female (Brick's cousin) who had broad chest from her earliest days and I saw Brick's brothers from this litter and sisters form previous, none of them had narrow chest so I taught he is just build like that :) His parents are very heavy boned and broad, but unlike him, within standard heightwise.

I don't mind that he is narrow chested if it doesn't influence his elbows development. He is very athletic and agile, I suppose it helps that he is on the lean side :)

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Leggy puppy in great condition! I would love to see this dog again as he matures.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like it should if they widen. His legs/feet looks ok when he inhales or stands a bit wider, if that makes any sense :D and his parents have wide chest so I hope he will at least have a bit wider chest in the future :)

fater
Kali's family by DigitalBite, on Flickr

mother

and two of them together

·
Registered
1 Posts
Big fan of this guy... He's looking strong, fast, capable, agile... potent. Beautiful all a rounder.. Great photos!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
17 months update

17 months, still leggy and narrow chested :) 28" height, 88lbs.

side (sorry about the grass in this photo)

front (again, not great photo but I handled and photographed him alone)

and another side view

and rare photo with closed mouth :D

It looks like he didn't change much from 12-13 months, same height, weight and chest girth. Here are the photos for reference

·
Registered
424 Posts
Absolutely handsome fella!! ♡♡ And it's hard to tell w the different camera angles but I'd say his chest has definitely widened some.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Absolutely handsome fella!! ♡♡ And it's hard to tell w the different camera angles but I'd say his chest has definitely widened some.
Thanks :) I know it's hard to tell judging by photos, but it definitely looks like gained a tiny bit of space between his front legs. Though, he still have the same width behind his elbows (chest girth). I hope he will gain more so he can correct his feet a bit more.

Only thing that I know is changed for sure is his head :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm slightly drooling over him.

I have a white female right now around Brick's age and She looks a lot like him being more narrow and athletic, though shes definitely not as tall!

My ultimate goal is to get either a dark sable male or an all black in the future so seeing him is making me all excited. He's a very Handsome boy!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm slightly drooling over him.

I have a white female right now around Brick's age and She looks a lot like him being more narrow and athletic, though shes definitely not as tall!

My ultimate goal is to get either a dark sable male or an all black in the future so seeing him is making me all excited. He's a very Handsome boy!
Thank you :) he's a bit fuller right now (21 months old) but still leggy and narrow for my taste :D and as time is passing by, I think he will stay that way.

Do you have link to your girl's thread, I would love to see her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts