German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone goes to rice creek off leash dog area in shoreview, Mn off of Lexington Ave please beware someone is smashing car Windows and stealing purses.

It happened to us tonight. My wife put her purse on the floor and covered with our diaper bag. Needless to say they smashed my suburban window and took the purse and diaper bag while my family was enjoying some dog time with Sasha.

It appears this is a recurring issue from talking with the deputy. Why the local sheriffs office hasn't issued a crime alert officially I don't know but please just be aware if you use this area. It's a busy place and some tool still has the guts to do this.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Hopefully they find a way to catch the person.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: They found my wifes purse but the Credit Cards were still missing. Of course. When I asked the deputy why there is no crime alert he said well because cars get broken into in our parks a lot so its common. Thanks..lol

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Thanks lol...not really sure what that means.

But a crime alert is only issued when there is a new reoccuring problem. If you local departments issued a crime alert for every minor incident that happened you might as well just pick up a police scanner because you're going to hear all sorts of things.

Most people, by and large, have absolutely no clue what occurs on the streets they live on. Regarding "you're not safe anywhere" - a dog park is really a pretty good place to do this. No one wants to take their purse in, it's frequently female dominated population, everyone is playing with or standing around talking about the dogs, not watching their vehicles, and people usually go in for awhile not 5 minutes.

The busier it is, the easier it is to do something like this. If your car is the only one in the lot you're more apt to not be distracted by other people and dogs and notice someone around your vehicle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rerun,

It means if you use this park to be careful. What else is it suppose to mean?

This is a recurring issue. I understand crime alerts as I work in Law Enforcement and my department would have issued a crime alert in this situation as there has been over a handful of cars broken into at this park as my first post stated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts