German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for credible GSD breeders in the Atlanta area and I want to make sure I make a wise decision before actually purchasing the puppy. There is one particular breeder that I currently have in mind but wanted to run it by people with a little more knowledge than myself. Here is the link:

Advance K9 Ga-German Shepherd of Atlanta

In an add on Ebay for their dogs they mention having the blue and pink papers as well as a score card for their title which proves that they are pure German bloodlines, are these credible things to look for? Thank you for your help and advice if there are other good breeders you know of in the area!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I don't know the breeder you linked really well, but I do know some of the bloodlines.

You are interested in West German Showlines then?

I will PM you.

In the meantime you may also want to check out the following, members from this board have dogs from these two WGSL kennels:

Von den Oher Tannen

German Shepherd puppies for sale | German Shepherd breeders | Imported German Shepherd Puppies| German Shepherd Kennels

They are both easy drives from ATL and have very good reputations.

They work and title what they breed.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Omg the Atlanta area!!! =)

Check out my signature! feel free to PM.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Von den Oher Tannen is just a little outside my search area or I would have given them a strong look. I have heard a lot of good things about them, just second hand info though. And Neko did a great job on their website (I think that was Neko anyway if memory serves) :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Von den Oher Tannen is just a little outside my search area or I would have given them a strong look. I have heard a lot of good things about them, just second hand info though. And Neko did a great job on their website (I think that was Neko anyway if memory serves) :)
Yep it was =) and I drove 8 hours for my pup! was so worth it, I am obsessed with my gorgeous, smart boy!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Close to 12 hours for me :(

It would be worth it if I didn't have so many good ones to choose from around me.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
What are you looking for in a dog? What are your plans or goals for the dog?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you looking for in a dog? What are your plans or goals for the dog?
I am looking for intelligence, temperament and athleticism/health. I plan on doing clicker training with the dog and working with him as much as I can and if I desire additional training, I can seek that elsewhere. I am looking for a companion that I can exercise, hike, and camp with. Also a dog that will socialize well with my two young nephews.

Neko, what are the prices for pupps from Oher Tannen and what was your experience like with them?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I am looking for intelligence, temperament and athleticism/health. I plan on doing clicker training with the dog and working with him as much as I can and if I desire additional training, I can seek that elsewhere. I am looking for a companion that I can exercise, hike, and camp with. Also a dog that will socialize well with my two young nephews.

Neko, what are the prices for pupps from Oher Tannen and what was your experience like with them?
I will send you a PM, but don't even hesitate to email Nadia with any questions. She is as nice as people get =) It never really hurts to e-mail and ask, even if you are just curious. They won't push a puppy down your throat don't worry. =)

Also her Facebook page is updated almost daily:
Von den Oher Tannen - True German Shepherd Dogs | Facebook

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Omg JShragz just looked at your profile, chump chump!

Gator pup!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I bet you wish you would have viewed my profile before offering advice ;). Thank you for the help, I will email Nadia tonight and try and schedule a time to visit sometime next week!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Keep us posted! no matter who you go with! =) we love puppies.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Check out atlanta k9. She is a good friend of some people in my schh club. I don't know her well, but I've seen some of her dogs she has bred. Couple people on this forum have dogs from her a well

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
If you are interested in working line breeders, I would say just visit some of the clubs in the area and meet the dogs.

Chattahoochee Schutzhund
Rising Star
Greater Atlanta Schutzhund
Classic City Working Dogs
and Copper Creek DVG

many clubs can tell you about breedings that are not heavily marketed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts