German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that it's summer the AC is turned on. This is Lex first time around AC as hes just a year. He claws, bites, and digs at the vent on the carpet right infront of it.

I thought nothing of it because when I tell him to stop, he does. Well he has been left alone in the living room while we leave for about 3 months now with no incidents of chewing or anything. We got back after something saturday and he dug/chewed/ripped up the carpet right infront of the vent like he was trying to get into it.

I'm such a retard for not even thinking he was gonna do that since he goes to it like every hour when the AC kicks on.

So first thing is hes back to his crate for a long time. Gonna start from scratch once again as far as keeping him out while we are gone for 10 minutes, 20 minutes, etc etc but I'm not even gonna do it that at least another month.

When we are home and he digs at it. Should I keep doing the leave it command? (which he knows) and praise him afterwards or should I get a different technique for something like this?

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Wrenny

Apollo is in love with AC vent also, but right now he is just laying on them. That seems to be his "spot". Sorry I can be much help, but I would think the leave it command would work.

I will definitely be watching this post just in case Apollo starts doing the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts