German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
A flirt pole is just fine if you avoid sudden changes of direction and jumps. Here's Eska's breeder working with her at 9 weeks old. Notice how she is mainly just having a game of tug with the pup:

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with this if you avoid extremes. Puppies aren't made out of bone china!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I honestly was NOT going to make any reply to this thread......but alas, I feel the need to clarify a couple of thing.

First: This puppy when sold....was a normal...normal...healthy, handsome, typical, energetic, properly bred from good lineage.....German Shepherd puppy.
He has NORMAL drives and temperament.
He was NEVER abused.....

The buyer and family stayed for over 2 hours with us (Carlos, Brenda & myself)...interacting with this puppy.

Within the next 24 hours....I was told of her disappointment with a tiny bump close to the end of the tail. T
This puppy has been vet checked twice before going to his new home....the vet said it is not worth being concerned about, and it had not damaged the tail in anyway....mom may have stepped on corner on tail..and caused it to bruise and harden.
*So I honestly forgot about it.....since the puppy was not whelped in my home.*
Should be no problem when owner wanted to have her own vet check it.....next day.
*I told owner to let me know what her Vet's findings were....*

OK.....next day I believe?.....owner called and said she was so disappointed that she had been cheated....lied to....and has a very unhealthy puppy. Her Vet discovered that the puppy has a retained testicle......but also agreed that the "tail" was not a problem to be concerned about.....(honestly, it is not noticeable...you must actually feel it.) tail carriage is normal.

After this I immediately asked that she returned this "faulty" puppy and I would exchange him for another wonderful puppy of her choosing.......she declined....and said that they are now too attached to him. What? I have only heard complaint after complaint....
I then offered to pay $500 towards his neutering, when they decide to do so.
She then replied that she was lied to....and feels cheated, BECAUSE....they may have wanted to BREED him in the future.
*WAIT* I told her.....you required and REQUESTED a COMPANION PUPPY only.....no intentions on the venues or breeding.
These minor faults will not change his genetically bred quality as a companion puppy......so her INTENTIONS for the puppy were lies.

I may have honestly forgot and put aside in my mind his minor faults....(I have no excuse other than my health right now).....but this puppy was a very nice, normal puppy.

I offered a replacement...it was declined. I will still offer the $500 towards his neuter when it is completed.
We try very hard to make people happy...even with co-owned/bred puppies like this one....but sometimes we (breeders) cannot...so we do what we believe to be fair.
I am sorry for such a long post.....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.