German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think it makes a difference when a dog is "chilling" in the crate? I know a LOT of you work during the day and place your loves in a crate while you work and then take them out and run them / walk them / love on them etc when you get home.

I am home during the day except for my errand running. My days revolves around Roxy. Walking/ exercising/ bonding/ playing etc. My question is...need I feel guilty if I place her in her crate next to the couch so I can have some "me" time and watch a movie or something. If she's not in the crate it's play time not chill time. She's content to lay in there and chew on a bone..makes no fussing. I am probably answering my own question. ?

like now...I will take her in to the front room to the crate right by the couch while I watch a movie with my son. She'll come back out for one more play time around 8 - 9 and then to crate/ bed about 9:30/10 ish....last potty at around 11:30 and then lights out. And she's up by around 6am - 7am in the morning.

I am guessing it's probably not too much crate? and it's a huge one so she's not cramped. ?? thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
you did answer your own question, no reason she can't chill out for those times you need some of your own time:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm home all day with Fleury and lots of times I put him in the crate to chill when I need me time. I don't find anything wrong with it, and like yours, he goes in when he wants to chill even if I don't ask him to, so I don't think they mind. :)

Especially if you are giving her enough loves and exercise and what not when she's out, where she is hanging out to nap is probably not a big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts