German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,675 Posts
Cava is in a large, she's about 58 pounds. The Ruffland crates are plenty long, but they are narrower than the comparable Varikennels. That can be an advantage if you're able to fit two side by side, which I definitely could not do with two Varikennels.

Reactions: Jax08

·
Super Moderator
32,675 Posts
She has enough room in a large, but with a dog any bigger I'd go with an XL.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Bare in mind that enough room to fit is not enough room to stretch out for a few hours drive....

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bare in mind that enough room to fit is not enough room to stretch out for a few hours drive....
You can also stop and let the dog out. More room = the dog being thrown around more in the crate in a collision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
My handler has her Transit filled with the Ruff Land crates, about 14 last time I counted. I’m pretty sure most of the GSDs are in the larges.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just heard from a friend who lives 5 min away that there was a car crash next to her house, the car ended in her yard. They run out to help. The 83y.o guy fell asleep driving... there was a little older doggie in the car that died in their arms a couple of minutes later... obviously no crate. So sad!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts