German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our puppy since he was 7 weeks old he will be 3 months on January 3. He has been crate trained for about a month now and he was doing very well barking when he had to go out at night and having no accidents in the house. Now he will not bark when he needs to go out he will just go in the house with no warning. At night time when he is in his crate he will go to the bathroom in there and just lay in it. He barely has enough room to turn around. Nothing has changed at home my wife is home with him all day, we have not changed his food we are cutting him off of water and food 3 hours before we put him to bed. Any help and advise would be great thanks!!!!!!! Jake

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
When a previously housebroken dog starts going in the house, and especially when they pee in the crate, there's a strong possibility of a urinary tract infection. I'd get him to the vet.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Agreed...rule out a medical problem first.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
If his health is ok then I would think he is trying to let you know maybe you have become use to his whining and you are not hearing him. I would set my alarm to go off 3-4 hours after he goes to sleep and just take him out praise and reward him as usual.

I can't believe he wants to lie on his potty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah me neither but everytime he does he lays it. I am going to get him to the vet after the holidays and make sure he is ok.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
You also have to consider he's still just a baby and letting you know he has to go out is not going to be reliable by any stretch at this age.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took bear to the vet and all is good. Since I started this post he has not had an accident so that is good. But I have another question, He has started only going potty in one spot outside and that is in the gravel where my kids swing set is. Is there any way I can break of doing this? If I take him out on a leash and walk him to the grass he will not go unless I take him to where the pea gravel is. I searously had him in the grass for 45 minutes and he would not go. Any help and advise would be great. Thanks a lot for all your input!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts