German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
This is completely not creative or nice-looking. I am posting this only so you see how nice your set-up probably is in comparison. :)

Niko in his crate in our bedroom on my side of the bed.

This is Niko hanging out in Rosa's crate, just for fun. This is on the other side of the bed.

There, now don't you feel better about Sigurd's crate set up? :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Haha.. I just posted about this on the other board!

Stark's current set up in my bedroom:

And what I hope my Dad will soon build for me:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Try a google images search for "fancy dog crates." There are some really nice ones on there! I particularly like this one- it's a nice twist on the typical end opening crates:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was thinking of somehow sewing my own crate cover. I'm just not sure how about to do it. Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting material that covers the whole crate, and cutting it where the edges are and stitching that back up so it's snug. I'd leave an end completely open for the door. Would that even work? lol

ETA: I'd love to get a table that would work with the crate, that would be awesome. I'll keep searching around. I'm not handy and don't know anyone who is, so I couldn't just get it made by scratch.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
This is a reasonable facsimile of our stairs:

We're getting the guy who did them to make matching gates and a big pen out of the same products... Whenever he gets around to it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
This is completely not creative or nice-looking. I am posting this only so you see how nice your set-up probably is in comparison. :)

Niko in his crate in our bedroom on my side of the bed.

What is the height of that crate and where did you get it? Chrono's is 33" high but it's way too short and he's getting little white calluses on his ears from his ears rubbing the top, but I can't find anything taller ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
I want one of those nice crates, but I can see two things happening if I got one:

1) He'd eat it.

2) He'd suddenly decide he wants back in the bed with me after I shell out hundreds of dollars for the dang thing.

He likes his space and silence when he sleeps, so he sleeps downstairs in the crate. I guess I toss and turn too much for his liking, it annoys him, lol. And he hates the sound my air purifier makes, if it's not totally quiet, he hates it. But it's just a black wire crate with a mat, nothing special... :(

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I ditched the crate and got a 5ftx5ft indoor kennel instead. I have it set up on heavy rubber mats to protect the flooring and will eventually put a Kuranda bed in as well. :)
That is my dream... but because I rent.. I need something smaller...

I LOVE LynnP's home for Laos/Dante... THAT is what I want some day!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ohhhh Saber wants that bookshelf crate, elisabeth! I could just leave the door open and then she wouldn't have to go all the way across the room to SHRED ALL MY BOOKS!

·
5,627 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
I have a complete room just for the kennels and the wire crate and one kennel is still at Chris's place. I really have to pick that one up. So we have four kennels and one crate. However, Judge is doing so well that I don't even have to crate him at night anymore.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts