German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to ask this question but here goes... My pup is 50 pounds right now and I need a new crate. What size would you recommend for her? I don't want her to grow out of it as an adult. Please help! I was told XL... If possible can you show me your full grown dogs in there crates? Just to give me an idea?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I have a 48" for Delgado, I personally wouldn't go smaller then a 42" even for a female. I like them being able to stretch out if they want to

·
Super Moderator
32,372 Posts
How old is she now? It's impossible to predict how much larger she's going to get without knowing that. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
my girl who is closing in on 6 months and 40 lbs has a 42 inch crate and her ears just now poke the top bars when she is sitting in it. still tons of room to spread out. Ideally i would have got her a 48 inch crate but it was just too big for my bedroom. I have no doubt the 42 will be fine for her even when grown. her ears may just poke out the top lol

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Right now my 13 week old puppy is in a 40 inch airline type crate. I also have a 48 inch wire crate that I can set up when he's older. I prefer the plastic crates personally, but they're so expensive, I figure I can just build an outdoor kennel for about the same price and am thinking about doing it when the weather turns cooler (tooo hot for him to stay outside in Texas in the summer).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts