German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My almost 9 week GSD barks constantly when I put her in her crate. I have tried ignoring her but she is very persistent. I have been feeding her in there and if I let her out of the crate to go outside and potty and bring her back in to play she goes right for the crate with her toys and is quiet as long as the door to it is open. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Yes, patience and persistence. Never let her out when she is complaining. Wait until she quiets down. She is very young and since she has shown that she likes the crate on her own terms she will come to accept it on yours.
good luck!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
There are some tips I can recommend if sleeping through the night are an issue but just being quiet in her crate that one is just tough love and common sense.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She sleeps good until she needs to go outside so I get up and let her out then she goes right back asleep.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tough love...and she may go through stages later of doing it again...Mine did at about 5 months...Lordy I'm sure my neighbors loved me....But now at 10 months....She goes into her crate on her own ....its her little house when she wants to be left alone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts