German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going for our first long drive with Luna. The crate fits fine with 3rd row seat folded down (toyota sienna minivan). There are hooks on the floor behind 2nd row seats, can use tie downs. There is no hook I can see at the tailgate end around the folded-down chairs. How do you guys tie down the crate at the rear end of the minivan?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
It was a long time ago that I had a minivan but there were anchors at the very back to attach the cargo net. Does your van have those?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Going for our first long drive with Luna. The crate fits fine with 3rd row seat folded down (toyota sienna minivan). There are hooks on the floor behind 2nd row seats, can use tie downs. There is no hook I can see at the tailgate end around the folded-down chairs. How do you guys tie down the crate at the rear end of the minivan?
I just took the passenger seat out of my truck. 1200 mile (600x2) trips get long. Thats why I opened it up for him.

I suppose you could use ratchet straps, if you could hook to the seat sliders and/or possibly the bumper because you can still shut the back door with the strap thru it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
If the leash is attached to her collar (it is, isn't it?), an accident might strangle the dog. Better to have him/her in an harness.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If the leash is attached to her collar (it is, isn't it?), an accident might strangle the dog. Better to have him/her in an harness.
Actually, I only use the leash when I leave him in the truck for a minute. He stays off leash while I'm driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts