German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days Sasha has popped the door on her crate and gotten free in the house. I wouldnt have a problem with it but everytime she has gotten out she has pooped in the house or gotten a poopy diaper out of the trash. Needless to say poop on the carpet. She usually shreds papers and such because they are way more fun then her toys that are out.

I have resorted to bungee cording the door and she hasnt escaped while it has been bungee corded. So question is does anyone have any ideas? She does good for a few hours but I think its around 4 hours that she gets restless. She is always out with us when we are home and I take her with me as much as we.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lucy got out of her old crate, so we bought the largest crate available. The new crate has two doors, so we zip tie the door we do not use and put a lock on the other door when we leave during the day. We never have any problems with Lucy getting into the crate, in fact, she will go in her crate when she is tired.

·
5,627 Posts
It's actually a pretty common problem for our very smart German Shepherds. Once they learn how to do it, they continue doing it.

I have resorted to zip tying the edges of the crate to reinforce (I had one foster completely collapse the crate to escape) and tying a leash across the lower portion of the door so they couldn't wiggle out.

Are you giving her plenty to occupy her in the crate? A kong stuffed with peanut butter or yogurt and frozen? Or a crate safe bone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts