German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Roxy apparently doesn't like a blanket/sheet or anything else like that in her crate. I don't understand why she wants to lay on that plastic tray but anytime I try to give her a padded something to sleep on she pushes it all to one corner and lays on the plastic tray. Normal? Is it ok for her just to sleep on the plastic tray even though I think she needs a bed?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my dog didn't like any bedding in his crate. he destroyed anything
used as bedding in his crate. oneday i watched him pull a blanket
out of his crate. he pulled the blanket out and went in and laid down.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your dog is content to sleep on the plastic too? Then I'm not going to spend time trying to talk her into a nice blanket or sheet :)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
The plastic is probably cooler. My dogs love dog beds, blankets & pillows, but more often than not they lay on the tile floor or the concrete in the garage.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
he was find sleeping on the plastic tray. we want to make our dogs
comfortable but sometimes they don't want or need the comfort.

so your dog is content to sleep on the plastic too? Then I'm not going to spend time trying to talk her into a nice blanket or sheet :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think also she knows..since I sleep beside her crate...if she makes noise on that floor I just "might" wake up. If I have a blanket in there it cushions those big paws banging on the floor. :) she's too smart for her own good..and mine too :)

·
Banned
377 Posts
When my dog was a pup she would rip up anything that was fiber-filled.
We gave her a foam rubber filled bed and she loves it.
Once she got used to using a bed (as a bed and not a stuffed toy) we
gave her a fiber-filled bed and she used it properly.

This is transition to foam bed.
IMG_0320.jpg

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I tried when my female was a puppy and she removed anything that resembled a blanket or bed from inside the crate. She would sleep on a dog bed out of the crate. My new male has tried eating the dog bed outside of the crate, I can't imagine what he would do if it was inside the crate. My golden loved having a bed in his crate.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not going to worry about it then. As much as I would love to have her sleeping on a blanket or something soft..apparently she's happier with a plastic tray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts