German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turned out they wouldn't just let me 1 leg it even though we had a perfect score last time. We trialed again on a different field last week and got a 194 in a very very tough (for a mondioring 1) trial. French judges are tricky tricky. High in trialed again too.

Barely any pictures from the trial because I am terrible at that sort of thing.

A few training a few days before trial

Why go for arms when you can hit them dead center in the chest?
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Grbaillif/video-1463835559_zpsgb61td7t.mp4

About to catch a frisbee

1.2m hurdle. Clears it with plenty of room to spare. Dog can fly.

A few day of

Go bite Jimmy Vanhove!

Hanging out with Francois Massart and William Langlois. Highly recommended you work with Francois for any ringsport bitework training you need done I can't say enough good things about the guy. He is as good as they come in the suit.

Few from the first trial

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Woohoo!! Congrats! Amazing job.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Congrats..and here I always thought you had pink hair.?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Congrats!!! I look at Mondio, and I'm just amazed at what you guys do. The pictures are fantastic - in all the pics, including the biting pics - Crank looks present and focused - meaning that often, high-drive dogs get into a drive overload when working, and their brain isn't all there. You can see Crank is all there - and still thinking, and paying attention to you - Nice!!!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Congrats!!! I look at Mondio, and I'm just amazed at what you guys do. The pictures are fantastic - in all the pics, including the biting pics - Crank looks present and focused - meaning that often, high-drive dogs get into a drive overload when working, and their brain isn't all there. You can see Crank is all there - and still thinking, and paying attention to you - Nice!!!
absolutely -- a pleasure to see .

love the picture of Baillif sitting beside his dog.

they are calm, focused, connected .
I see the same energy in the other (great) pictures . Baillif allows the dog to do his job .
the dog knows his job ! There is nothing robotic there.

Fantastic team work.

·
Registered
778 Posts
awesome and inspiring. thanks for sharing

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The best part about working with Crank is he's very easy to get on my program despite being such a strong dog in the bitework. He will walk onto the field during obedience and isn't hunting decoys.

Even when the decoys take the field he is calm and level headed. He stays that way even on the line, much of that is training but it's also because he is very internal in drive. He's quiet. He is very calm on the line of departure almost to the point he looks bored. It's all compartmentalized. All energy is conserved for the moment he gets his green light to launch. When it's go time he takes off super fast and doesn't slow down a bit before impact. He keeps his speed despite constant esquives and pivots in training.

He is good in the house too. Can't leave him loose unsupervised but he isn't annoying when he is out and about. Settles nicely in the house. He sleeps in the bed at night. If I want to have a veg out day he will happily oblige. Much of that is classical conditioning since puppyhood though.. Very friendly too outside of the work. He's the one dog out of my four I would trust fully around young children.

Might be the dog of my life. Not sure if I'll ever get another one with that same balance but that's ok. His puppies from a litter he had a little while back are fun all really cool dogs but just don't have his "it" factor.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
........ Might be the dog of my life. Not sure if I'll ever get another one with that same balance but that's ok. His puppies from a litter he had a little while back are fun all really cool dogs but just don't have his "it" factor.
I think they broke the mold! And, I do think you have found what many would call your "heart dog." Many others will follow, good, good dogs, but they won't be able to fill his footsteps. Wonderful post, have fun together you two!

Susan

·
Super Moderator
1,598 Posts
That's awesome! Congrats and way to go, that is a lot of hard work. It's nice to own a dog like that, sometimes they are once in a lifetime dogs. Enjoy him and appreciate him, which I'm sure you do.

Do they build those obstacles for the trial, like the stairs?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts