German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to give some dried cranberries or fresh blueberries I have to my dogs, just wanted to double check... they ARE good for dogs, right? Cause they have a lot of antioxidants, and in case of cranberries they help prevent urinary tract infections? If so what other benefits do they have?

I feel like I'm becoming more and more paranoid about things my dogs eat lately. :crazy:

·
Registered
32,009 Posts
Yes. I feed Jax blueberries all the time. I would watch the sugar content in dehydrated fruits.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many blueberries do you feed Jax?

I want to give them as occasional treats, but I'm curious about how other people feed them.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I usually put some in his frozen yogurt (in the kong) or as a special treat every once in awhile.

I give about a handful a month maybe? That's just because I love them too and am a little greedy.. ;)

·
Registered
32,009 Posts
In the summer when we have some, I'll throw a small handful in a couple times a week with her meals. She loves them. Never gave her cranberries.

I'm not sure how many you would have to feed to get the antioxidant benefits from it.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
check the packaging to see if they add any sugar. most of the time the frozen fruits don't add sugar. I got wild blueberries from Costco and no sugar was added - of course they are naturally sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts