German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Ugh -- this is a really big deal. Amazon is becoming such a cess pool with counterfeiting. I would bet it's happening with human supplements too.

It's starting to look like we need to be as careful ordering pet supplements as pet meds online -- VetVIPPS certified pharmacies that do not use "gray market" imported meds (only legitimately sourced) include ValleyVet.com, which has good prices on these Nutramax products.

Also, Dasuquin Advanced is a better product anyway, and only available through vets (RX), not online. It includes boswellia, curcumin, green tea extract, avocado/soy unsaponifiables, etc. I've seen pretty good results from it in several dogs (with NEM added).

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the heads up. I just ordered some from Amazon so I will be looking for the red flags mentioned in the Business Wire link.
I hope you fair well with your order. Cosequin and Dasuquin aren't the cheapest supplement and it's a shame those who need these products and need a little price break from vet offices and high overhead pet stores can't trust other sources. I'm finding since Amazon has gotten so big and now is more of a middleman marketplace rather than the large self seller they used to be buying from them is getting sketchy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts