German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X-ray of Eris' from yesterday. Her temp is already down so we're expecting she'll start whelping tonight.

Ultrasound several weeks ago showed 8. I'm counting at least 7 but maybe 8. I'm not completely sure as it's hard to tell what zipper goes with what pup .

Curious how many pups everyone sees. :)

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
at least 7 but maybe 8 - matching up skulls with spines - seems to be a spine whose head is tucked in

Lee

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
I see 8 skulls, the spines are too intertwined. Wishing Eris an easy whelp!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I see 7 obvious ones, maybe 9...so I'll go in the middle and guess 8

Can't wait for photos :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I can't tell at all, but wow!! I've never seen an x ray of a pregnant dog before, it's really fascinating. Oh the miracles of life!
Good luck to your girl :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Me too... Pretty amazing... Wishing for safe puppy journeys to the "new world"

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
I am thinking 8.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm counting 8 although I might be confusing rib cages with faint spines. That picture is quite amazing.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm thinking 8. How exciting for you! Wishing you a safe and easy whelping!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Good luck. I see 7. Let us know how it goes. Pics would be great. Ok, maybe not the actual birth. It is gross for humans, so I imagine the same with a dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
if you look at it with good lighting...my computer room is NOT light enough with good light...you can see not only heads and spines, but the ribcages and little legs :) :) too!

Lee

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
wow....that is truly amazing. I've never seen anything like that.

Good luck!!!!! :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Love the pic! Look at all those little pupalups! Exciting!!!!!
That XRay seems much better than the ones I get......I wonder if it is a difference in the Vet's Machines???

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That's a cool picture. I counted 8 skulls. Can't wait to see pics of the actual pups!

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Look at this shot> 39 days in utero(saw this on fb/NOT Eris!):

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Ruby was the only one who mentioned the right number... we ended up with 9! 2 boys and 7 females. Needless to say the people wanting girls are doing cartwheels and the people wanting boys are banging their heads.

Everyone is doing great and this was hands down the quickest, easiest whelp ever. Pretty much one pup every 30-60 minutes consistently with no long breaks or problems, all done early enough we were in bed shortly after midnight! Eris gets the "best whelper ever" award. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well Ruby was the only one who mentioned the right number... we ended up with 9! 2 boys and 7 females. Needless to say the people wanting girls are doing cartwheels and the people wanting boys are banging their heads.

Everyone is doing great and this was hands down the quickest, easiest whelp ever. Pretty much one pup every 30-60 minutes consistently with no long breaks or problems, all done early enough we were in bed shortly after midnight! Eris gets the "best whelper ever" award. :)

Congratulations, Eris!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts