German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some help to point me in the right direction of lines/breeders and what to stay away from.

I'm open to ANY lines.. but I want the right type for me.

Im looking for a Medium energy/Medium drive Male puppy (Male is just preference... but id really rather a boy :p ) I want a confident headstrong pup who isn't shy or afraid of anything (I realize this also comes with training) I don't want a dominant dog.. nor do I want a submissive dog, I'd prefer him to be right in the middle. I'm an active young adult and do weekly weekend 2-3 hour hikes, daily walks (at least twice daily), dog park through out the week and lots of ball playing. My current boy Joey goes to day care 2-3 times a week so the pup would go from 4-6 months old, and then again after he'd be neutered at 18-24 months.

So what can ya recommend? :D

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think any line would suit your life style to be honest.

Your life (add training venues) sounds a lot like mine. Both my dogs do well in this type of environment and active life style.

I would however, say that mine do not do well in dog parks, both play fairly rough and my female is quite dominant to other females.

We do however have a group we walk and do events with and so they are around new dogs every week but in a controlled environment.

Here is a list of breeders in our area (Ontario - and Canada - and internationally) that my friend and I have personal history with and would recommend:

Breeders - K-W German Shepherd Club

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Liz! I should also mention the dog park I go to is not your typical crazy bunch of dumb dumbs with under socialized dog park. The lady who Joey goes to daycare with runs it as it's on her property. She meets and greets all the dogs who go there and you have to pay a monthly fee. It weeds out all negative owners and dogs :D

That being said, Thanks for your other tips! I thought that would be the case that any line would fit me.. I'm just very intimidated by the more 'intense' lines.. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that I haven't spent much time around shepherds. Im so intrigued by them.

I wish I lived closer to you and Angel. Im still stuck out here in Ottawa though... not much to do D:

I'll check out that list of breeders as well! Thanks :)!

I think any line would suit your life style to be honest.

Your life (add training venues) sounds a lot like mine. Both my dogs do well in this type of environment and active life style.

I would however, say that mine do not do well in dog parks, both play fairly rough and my female is quite dominant to other females.

We do however have a group we walk and do events with and so they are around new dogs every week but in a controlled environment.

Here is a list of breeders in our area (Ontario - and Canada - and internationally) that my friend and I have personal history with and would recommend:

Breeders - K-W German Shepherd Club

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I have a few good contacts in and around Ottawa... add me on Facebook and I will put you in touch with them if you like!

Elisabeth Ann Parent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts