German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fostering a 7 year old female GSD for a few days. Just got her out of the shelter yesterday as she was scheduled to be PST bec. her owner died. I have never had german sheps. I've always had labs, weimers and vizslas.
She is scheduled for transport to her new home in a few days. My problem is that my lab and weim are happy, crazy dogs that love to chase balls, jump in the pool and generally have fun. The first time my female lab started her "bark, bark, let's play ball" the foster lunged at her and they had at it. Sounded horrible. No blood was drawn - but I got in the middle and got bit by the GS. All was quiet yesterday, everyone got along - and then again today - out by the pool, lab and weim start getting frisky and loud and she went after my lab again. Very loud, lots of noise! I pulled them apart and the gs left wimpering. No blood again - but this is scary. Do I need to keep everyone calm until she leaves?

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Definately keep the excitement level down when she is out. She's already shown she is not into the other dogs. I would do it for the safety of all three. She is probably really stressed in the change her life has taken and isn't able to deal with dogs she doesn't know. If you are only fostering for a few days, keep it calm for her benefit or crate her while the other ones are out playing. Thank you for fostering her!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts