German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Absolutely this could be due to diet. She could have allergies...thus the never clearing up. We've had dogs come into rescue with horrible skin...and it was all diet related.

I would think if it were mange...it would have progressed past this point over the years........

do you have pics?
What do you feed her?

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
She is on bad quality food. I would first change the food. We just had a GSD come into rescue that had skin just like that...and it cleared right up once we got him on a good food.

After changing food...if no change was noted...I would start looking at other factors...other allergies, thyroid, lastly mange (although I really think you would have seen a fast progression...and highly doubt it)

Rule of thumb...easy...if you can buy it in a dept. store or grocery store...don't.

You've got to remember...you may be paying more for a good quality food...BUT...you will be feeding less (lots less fillers thus the reduced amount of food you have to feed)...and look how much you will be saving on vet bills. DEFINITELY worth it.

Study the link posted above...learn what to look for on a label.

I'm sure some of the very knowledgeable people can suggest a good food for allergies.....I'm thinking I would go for a fish/sweet potatoe..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.