German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Yes, in my experience they do. My Massie, an alpha female, would correct any dog who was not following the rules. She also once intervened on Chama's behalf when she thought I was being too harsh with her.

My cat Cleo (don't laugh!) also issues corrections to the dogs. If she perceives that either of the dogs are acting disrespectfully towards me or if Rafi is too rambunctious in the house she will correct them! This involves chasing them around and swatting them on the butt! It is very scary and the dogs don't like it at all! She will not allow Rafi to play roughly with me or Chama to growl or make ugly noises at me. Chama also corrects Rafi.

I do not think it is Teagan rejecting your leadership or trying to take over.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Just be sure Teagan isn't too harsh with him. Chama can get a bit carried away with her corrections!

I do end up having to call Cleo off! She is really, really scary when she does this and she has cornered many a big german shepherd and had them screaming! And sometimes she picks on Rafi just for being a puppy. She is just starting to accept him and now allows him to give her big sloppy kisses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.