German Shepherds Forum banner

881 - 889 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
So on another note. I keep reading all this crap about how people don't want to go back to work now because they make more off the government benefits right now. They are correct, partly, I don't want to go back to work. I am frantically searching for another job. Not because I am better off at home. I'm not. I work in a Bingo hall, as a runner. As minimum wage jobs go, it's pretty fun. BUT...ever been in a bingo hall? It's crowded. I cannot keep any distance because I am required to check cards, call numbers out to the caller so no mask and ALL transactions are cash. Hundreds of them every shift. The aisles are narrow, a couple of feet. Many of the customers have health issues. I clean the garbage off the tables. I help them with their stuff. I am in constant, close, direct contact with no way to even wear gloves since I am held responsible for any cash or paper shortage.
Does that sound fun? Safe? I wake up every day hoping I am not going to get told to come to work. So far, it remains closed but with pressure mounting to open everything it may not stay closed much longer.
So while I understand that some people may be in a hurry, I hope everyone considers the potential risk to some un thought of workers.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
It's absolutely a mixed bag. I live with a brother who IS immunocompromised. So, while I may, though questionably, might be okay if I caught the virus, he ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT.

So whatdoyado? I choose to stay in, and minimize risk.

I honestly wish you all the luck in the world at getting your "dream job"; truth be told, it's a great time right now for job seekers! You got this!

·
Registered
505 Posts
So on another note. I keep reading all this crap about how people don't want to go back to work now because they make more off the government benefits right now. They are correct, partly, I don't want to go back to work. I am frantically searching for another job. Not because I am better off at home. I'm not. I work in a Bingo hall, as a runner. As minimum wage jobs go, it's pretty fun. BUT...ever been in a bingo hall? It's crowded. I cannot keep any distance because I am required to check cards, call numbers out to the caller so no mask and ALL transactions are cash. Hundreds of them every shift. The aisles are narrow, a couple of feet. Many of the customers have health issues. I clean the garbage off the tables. I help them with their stuff. I am in constant, close, direct contact with no way to even wear gloves since I am held responsible for any cash or paper shortage.
Does that sound fun? Safe? I wake up every day hoping I am not going to get told to come to work. So far, it remains closed but with pressure mounting to open everything it may not stay closed much longer.
So while I understand that some people may be in a hurry, I hope everyone considers the potential risk to some un thought of workers.
Hopefully they will have to change how things are done before they re-open. I hope you find something better, or we all get the risk down so you can work with relative safety.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Good times. My lunatic neighbour smashed up my resin Adirondack chairs in a fit of rage, I called police at 1pm....they called at 140pm to advise they don't have anybody in area to come out...at 3:30 his brother comes out, pulls up to my livingroom window glaring at me...I am shaking, grab my phone, he is looking at me and says I am going to (expletive)you up...I call police again, it still takes another 45 mins - he scratched himself and told the officers I assaulted him and I am saying he shoved me and threw my furniture at me and I want him charged - in the end no one was charged. But the two brothers started mumbling out the window about my dog before police came on second call...filming me telling me they shared a video of my brother to the school board, spewing other nonsense. I am exhausted. They are out of control. My LL is the catalyst that started this nonsense. Now I have to worry about me and my dogs safety b/c cops think it's a landlord tenant matter. So until he hurts me, I have no alliance
This dude smashed my ceiling at 4am several times. 168 days now

·
Registered
15,935 Posts
Sabis M ---- the job you don't have now because they're closed sounds horrid. But beware of "dream job" --- some of those dreams turn into nightmares.... Regardless, I hope a good one lands for you soon.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Went to the gym last week for the first time since March.
They had sanitizer spray bottles for use my each member before and after workouts, some machines are spaced out for physical distancing.
Masks are not required but I decided to wear one as well as gloves, mainly do weight training. No one else wore a mask both times I went. Kind of surprised by that since our city has an older population.

Finally saw TP and paper towels at the store!

Our breeder has adapted to the pandemic by traveling via motor home to bring the pups to their new home.

881 - 889 of 889 Posts