German Shepherds Forum banner

861 - 880 of 905 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
The governor of oregon is urging people to spend memorial day near their home. Recreate, even have the traditional bbq, just do it responsibly.

So I'm curious what ya'll have planned this holiday weekend?

I'm buying steaks for the barbecue, and my brother and I will spend it at home...
hope, pray and cross every finger that my secret river spot is accessible and empty... make a sandwich, spray some wondercide on the dog and sit out there til my hearts content. MIGHT load up the tent just in case.

otherwise, nothing... yard work.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
The governor of oregon is urging people to spend memorial day near their home. Recreate, even have the traditional bbq, just do it responsibly.

So I'm curious what ya'll have planned this holiday weekend?

I'm buying steaks for the barbecue, and my brother and I will spend it at home...
Our messages are so confusing that people don‘t understand what they are supposed to do. I had to pick up dog food and most people on foot were not distancing. They had space between them, but it was not 6’. That is basic math, to be able to tell a measurement by sight. I know what 1‘ is and what 6’ is. Others weren’t even pretending to distance. We got a notice telling us the same kind of thing, but so many people I know are using the holiday as an excuse to break their stay at home.

I don’t shop that often and wasn’t thinking holiday When I went. I got hamburger, and I have everything I need to make fries, so I’ll probably do that. I made dinner for a neighbor and she said she’s bringing me some of her birthday cake and dropping it off by my door, but it’s been three days and I haven’t seen it yet. I would like to go to the cemetery and remember relatives, but it is going to be very crowded even with distancing and so I decided not to go. So, we will probably stay home and play with the dogs and video games.

·
Super Moderator
6,285 Posts
We usually watch the parade and ceremony in town,then get together with my brother and his kids and grands but not this year.So grilled burgers for two this time.We're looking forward to seeing what sort of virtual concert the 82nd Airborne Division band will come up with.Our son is a member.They've been doing 'zoom' small ensemble things so far.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We have no plans. We haven't really done anything for Memorial Day in a few years now. We do spend some time reflecting on the reason for the day. Our neighbors across the street are already gearing up for their annual bash. Although this year it might be much smaller. Only time will tell as the weekend moves forward. Hubby is actually doing something for work all day tomorrow. He's actually excited as he is finally going to get to drive the Emergency Response Command Vehicle. It's the size of a fire truck. Boys and their toys!
I noticed that none of the sale flyers for grocery stores were advertising "Memorial Day Sales" Just a few weekly specials. Even TV ads haven't really been about Memorial Day sales. It's weird

@Fodder fingers crossed you have alone time in your secret spot. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I had to go to a different store today for what I rotate into Lil's food. A brand called Nature's Logic. I give her a rotation of canned food (1/3 of can) as a boost along with 5-6 nuggets of Stella & Chewy raw food topper thinking this may give taurine boost. She gets a 3 course meal - it's fun for me, lol
Nature's logic has canned sardine feast...no salmon oil, they use herring - only brand I found without - she goes nuts for it...she also gets RAW tripe as part of the rotation...I will never use Tripett brand ever again - that product is ruined.
No line-up - perfect.
And while area, I went to see my old bosses at the restaurant I quit 3 yrs ago (dumb mistake)...outside posted take out is call ahead...all doors open, tables laid out for delivery companies...I'm like oops - I really want a BLT
They see me,,,______come in - here's a coffee, sit down - the most time they have ever had for me when pop in...we all had such a nice visit - they bought my lunch, went to the guy a few doors down that owns the variety store I bought my lotto tickets at for 4 yrs...he recognized me right away - we laughed at how he knew my usual replayed numbers - remembered where I live...
Was a nice day...warm, easy.
Got an important request off to do with my LL application against
And dude let me sleep last night, well, I actually got up a couple times and 50 mins early...but felt more rested today.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Our messages are so confusing that people don‘t understand what they are supposed to do. I had to pick up dog food and most people on foot were not distancing. They had space between them, but it was not 6’. That is basic math, to be able to tell a measurement by sight. I know what 1‘ is and what 6’ is. Others weren’t even pretending to distance. We got a notice telling us the same kind of thing, but so many people I know are using the holiday as an excuse to break their stay at home.
Maybe it's less to do with defiance and more so confusion with the imperial system of measurement... tell them to stand two refrigerators apart and see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
4,729 Posts
six feet apart? Bring a standard dog leash and swing it around your head. See how fast people move out of the way of the buckle end coming at them.

We have no plans. Hubby worked from home Friday and realized we had a very long weekend. He asked if I had made plans but with places just now opening up and a long weekend I suspect it will get crowded out there. Even in normal days, we avoid crowds. We aren't hermits but we do like our space. I did order take out from our local Thai restaurant. A bit expensive but very delicious.

·
Super Moderator
6,285 Posts
An electrical force field that crackles with ominous lightening bolts.Big enough for one person and a couple of dogs inside😜

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Maybe it's less to do with defiance and more so confusion with the imperial system of measurement... tell them to stand two refrigerators apart and see if that helps.
Here in Canada it's one moose length.
I keep thinking Sabi would have made this simple. The basis of her job was to keep everyone 6 feet away from me! Lol.
@car2ner - I am bringing a dog leash to Walmart on Monday! Lol

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
@GatorBytes It's nice to hear you had a good visit and a warm and easy day. Wishing you more of them often.
Yeah, so glad you had a great day @GatorBytes. You definitely deserve a break!
Thanks you guys. Sadly it was short lived.
The upstairs brother is in town - He was initially part of the lease when they moved in. He hates this town, loves Toronto, so Sept. he went back to school in Toronto. They have a brother who lives there and the visiting brother borrows his car a handful of times to come out this way.
Well, yesterday, he was here around 7:30pm - my terrorist was at work. He left, but came back at 9:30pm - starts vacuuming. I'm like, that's awefully nice of his brother to come visit and clean his apt. At least he wasn't violent with the machine like my terrorist is. Dude gets home usual time - together they do not really make a lot of noise - I go to bed at 11pm.
3:10am - I woken by light continuous knocking,,,knock, knock, knock x 20...not the front door but above my head...and happens a couple more times up to 3:50am...I am now up until about 4:30am...I am again woken by them on the stairs and then the front porch, I hear one saying - no, don't take her, leave her here (thinking cats), so thinking bro is heading out. this was at 5:30am up until a little after 6am. He's still here.
I think he moved back in.
They hate each other - they fought all the time and always overnight
I'm so tired

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
What I find troubling about this is the blatant disregard and disrespect during this pandemic.
Their paralegal has the audacity to cite in an email that I was pounding on his door at 5am one morning - it was the police after I called on him for smashing my ceiling for the 4th time and at 4:10am...she condescendingly points out that he is a "health care professional" and "needs his sleep" and that he couldn't go to work that day b/c of me (hogwash).

So this "professional" is a PSW - he is 24 yrs old and works in a SENIORS home - the most vulnerable and the meca of outbreaks and fastest spreading area's are these care homes. I do not believe where he works has been affected. But next city over had a long term care home with 36 deaths or something.

He goes out to visit family, does his laundry at his grandmothers, has friends over at all hours of the night - constantly coming going at 2am, 3am...his brother now here from Toronto a huge liability - and everyone is hauling on the bong.
Sharing joints, sharing bong hits...staying up all night and terrorizing me - a single female, 53 yrs old.

Real professional
Ultimate revenge would be to cost him his job, but then he'd be home all the time. sigh

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I just put the A/C on - it's 79 in here...2 nights ago was the heat.
I had opened windows to air place out, opened all curtains to get extra light in, did a edging vacuuming in areas I say I will get to next time.
I had to close windows sadly due to upstairs for privacy reasons (and safety)
They are taking things to another level. But I won't vent for a few days lol.
It was a nice warm, NOT windy day, fresh. Mostly without drama until later.
I need food and the only leftover I have is pulled pork for sandwich - the thought for some reason making me gag
I am kinda hungry but don't want anything!!!

Pizza pops! If you have these in the US, you will get it - I love these, and since I am not starving this little snack should do!

·
Super Moderator
6,285 Posts
Pizza pops?Is that the same as pizza rolls?Dipped in ranch dressing,yum!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Pizza pops are not food! Anything that refuses to decompose should not be eaten! I will admit that they are moderately tasty, but really should not qualify as food.

What did that crazy aggressive woman say? If it didn't come from the ground or have a mother...

861 - 880 of 905 Posts