German Shepherds Forum banner

841 - 860 of 890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
You're right GatorBytes buuut the deceased daughter just came from a Florida beach,a plane ride,and the Detroit airport.I feel some unease.

The flooding. WOW!We are close to some of the hard hit areas but we're ok.The only help we can offer is to donate clothing,food,and supplies for our local animal shelter.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
My father had a good friend that was a guinea pig judge. Yeah, that’s a thing.

I still have an unhealthy amount of dust on all the bookcases in the house. I’d really love to have a self-dusting house.
What is a guinea pig judge?

A self dusting house would be just about perfect. It wouldn’t have to be neat or even all that nice, but it would always be clean! Where do I find one?

·
Super Moderator
5,628 Posts
What is a guinea pig judge?
Apparently there are guinea pig shows, like dog or cat shows, and he was a judge at the guinea pig show. I laughed and laughed when my father told me. Apparently he and his friends got together for the weekend, and the one man brought a few guinea pigs with him (and roomed with my father, lol). He was going to a show as soon as their guy weekend was over. True story.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
@Springbrz It’s pretty normal to be overwhelmed in these times. I would of liked to have my entire house painted by now but keeping up with basic house chores is challenging enough and certainly lacks luster when things need to be replaced. Certainly there are days that I think why is the house not spotless tired of the dog fur and wow my mom is really doing more then me when I talk to her on the phone and she is washing down all the walls and moldings. So much yard work and flower beds that need upkeep it’s hard to keep up. Just recently started doing ab work out videos with my daughter - core exercises - it’s been so so long it really feels good and I find it helpful to get those endorphins going. I feel a really big difference after I do this. I’m a seltzer fanatic and addicted to its bubbles I am all out right now and really missing my seltzer.

My mom had to put their cat to sleep - Charlotte after 30 years who looked like she was 10 years old. She could not go in with her she did bring the cat home to be buried. It is upsetting that life has drastically changed in every way. Luna was in heat seemed to go back very quick and gets lighter as they get older. The days side to blend into one another. Greatful for the beautiful weather on the dogs are our mojo to go walks.
The Home Depot lines are wrapped around the building I refuse to stand in those lines needed some grass seed and went into Costco where there were no lines to get in. Parking lots are packed roads are busy. People are wearing masks and keeping space for the most part. I personally do know that their are groups of people who are a lot more laid back and feel mask are unconstitutional. Phase one has Not even started in my area so I hope this is not prolonged due to increases.
There are 37,000 cases in my county and the beaches are opening up memorial day weekend with restrictions. I do wonder how that will work out. I hear sadly pool prices have gone up because people are in trying to keep their kids busy this summer.

I was do for my pet scan in June and had some neck and shoulder pain so the doctor was concerned and pushed the pet scan up. So very happy all is clear- today a victory day!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
Long lines at the hardware store? Yeah, I'd skip it, too. I wanted to pick up a few things at BJs but when I saw the lines to check out I decided I didn't need anything at that particular store and walked right out. I am lucky to have enough stores that if one doesn't suit me another can have my business. For seed I can go to BJs or Tractor Supply. They've always treated me right at TS.

I wear a mask in stores as a courtesy. When it comes to the debate I tell my thoughts and then leave the discussion. Arguing without scientifically proven facts are a waste of time, won't change anyone's mind just arguing.

sigh Dogma. Even with an outdoor service, people won't be able to hug to give comfort. These times are annoying and draining and won't be over soon.

Jenny, great news on the all clear.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
So DH asked for an early morning drive into work so he could bring home a company vehicle that he will be using during the day at work to clean it. Although I am awake early I'm not at all a morning person. Since I was up and about I decide to go straight to Sam's Club on my way home. Ziva needs a roast and was hoping to find a whole sirloin. Nope that didn't happen. Oh well more ground beef it is.
I waited in line for 40 minutes as they don't open until 9 am now. I can't keep up with all the store hour changes. Anyway all was good until the store opened. A woman about 3 -4 people behind me started yelling to a woman where the end of the line was (way back as it were). She assumed the woman was cutting the line. This woman continued to shout very loudly all the way to the entrance. There sat the supposed line cutter on one of the mobility scooters waiting her turn. You would think the shouter would apologize...nope she just kept at this other woman. Started a verbal confrontation in the entrance UGH! I past the shouting woman in the store about 5 minutes later and she was still fussing about it. It was way to early in the morning to have such hostility and to be upset with someone with a disability. Geez....

One the plus side the gentleman two places ahead of me was blind and struggling with his cane and cart to navigate following the line to get into the store. The kind gentleman behind him and in front of me helped him along the whole way. Once in the store an optical department employee was helping him shop. There are good people, too!

Anyway I was able to score some lysol spray. I actually hated that I had to buy a 4 pack for $17 as I won't need that much. Maybe I'll find someone who will need a couple cans so they can have some. I did get TP. I really didn't need it quite yet but it's still so hard to find I grabbed a package while I could. So we should be good on that front for another 4 months.
Meat prices are crazy high. I picked up some ground beef for Ziva and passed on buying any for the humans. Stew meat is usually between $3-4 lb. Today at Sam's $7.98/lb. Cheap chuck roast was $7.98/lb. Good thing I still have some of that delish brisket in the freezer. Beef is about to be off the menu in this house. Hubby will not be happy.
Sam's does a receipt check on exit. Woman was like how did you get 2 packages of lysol you're only allowed one. I'm like did they charge me for two (I did't think they did)? Oh that's glass cleaner...never mind... go go go with an attitude she says to me. In my head I'm like really could you be more rude. I politely said thank you, wished her a wonderful day and left. I feel like the masses are going to blow. Stress from being pent up. Stress from being let out and fear of the risks. Me... I fall back on my memories of working as a server and in retail and try hard to be nice even when I'm not being treated nicely. I fail sometimes but I do try hard to be my best self. I wanted to tell the shouting woman to shut her trap and get a grip as it wasn't worth all her energy to pick a fight over something so trivial but I stayed out of it what wasn't my business and kept my mouth shut. But ...boy...did I want to tell that woman what an insensitive queen bee she was being...YUP!
Darn good thing I picked a bottle of wine I might need it later in the day....LOL! I have more shopping to do.

Oh almost forgot I got super lucky and got an 8 oz bottle of hand sanitizer at the checkout. I needed that. I have been making my own with aloe and alcohol but was about out of both so Yay!

Husband and I joked about having to buy gas for my truck on the way to his work. My last fill up was Feb 15th. I still had just barely under a 1/4 of a tank but it's a drive to his job so he filled it up before we got on the highway. Unless something comes up or drastically changes I should be good with gas for another 3 months...lol!

The rain has stopped...yay!
Off to walk with my Zivanut...
Have a happy and safe day everyone!

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
  1. Wow @Springbrz what a morning!I am so disappointed and angry with people since this thing started too.My husband wishes fervently that certain people would become seriously ill,recover fully,and lose their self centered attitude.Transform as Ebeneezer Scrooge did. :giggle:👻

·
Registered
68 Posts
My son manages a Walgreens, he sees the entitled and selfish every day. More than once he's gotten long swear laden rants while trying to explain why alcohol wipes are reserved for customers getting injectable prescriptions.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
@Springbrz, that incites me when I see selfish people ignore those struggling either with handicap or seniors.
I went to the bank a couple days ago. There were 2 people inside, a woman in the vestibule (to the left and part of the vestibule is the cash machines) waiting to go into the bank and a man outside the doors and then me...then 4 more people showed up to join the line. Along the bank front it was shaded and still a bit cool without a jacket. I turn to see a senior, no jacket, short sleeves, knees seemed kind of crippled as they were pushed together. I watched her barely able to step up the curb, quietly go to the back of the line. She needed the handicap ramp, but was blocked by people in line...

A customer came out, the vestibule lady went in and the man in front went inside the vestibule to wait. When the next person came out and he went in...I shouted past the other 4 people in line "excuse me...would you like go next?!!"

"oh, well, thank you so much dear" as she passes everyone, "I just need to go to the machine to do a print out"...I I went over to the handicap button and pushed it for5 her too so she wouldn't have to go the extra few feet..and in she went. I had to wait outside 5 more minutes. I didn't even bother to think or look at the reaction of the other people who didn't even move for her. I got what I needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Good on you @GatorBytes !
@readaboutdogs thank you!Actually the latest news is the daughter of the deceased is planning a much bigger affair and get together afterwards.Several other family members are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the situation.I'm hoping she,her brother and immediate family will be able to accept a phone call and flowers instead of our presence.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
The governor of oregon is urging people to spend memorial day near their home. Recreate, even have the traditional bbq, just do it responsibly.

So I'm curious what ya'll have planned this holiday weekend?

I'm buying steaks for the barbecue, and my brother and I will spend it at home...

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Apparently there are guinea pig shows, like dog or cat shows, and he was a judge at the guinea pig show. I laughed and laughed when my father told me. Apparently he and his friends got together for the weekend, and the one man brought a few guinea pigs with him (and roomed with my father, lol). He was going to a show as soon as their guy weekend was over. True story.
They are very cute but they smell so bad unless their cages are cleaned out often.

841 - 860 of 890 Posts