German Shepherds Forum banner

821 - 840 of 890 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
There really is not much to talk about with anyone is there?All is the same from day to day.Here in Michigan my county and a few others have been declared disaster areas because of the 100 year flood we are experiencing.Locusts next?
Our little piece of earth is high enough so we are safe but the roads in every direction are mostly impassable.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
@Springbrz - I completely understand what you are saying. Depression kicks the heck out of you. I keep looking at this little dust fluff that sitting right on top of my sound bar, the bar is fabric covered. I have a lint roller just inside entry to kitchen...but I look at this and think, I'll do it later, despite how much it's bugging me. But if I do it, then I have to dive into cleaning/dusting everywhere - which is a huge chore right now. I know it will make me feel better, but I am seriously overwhelmed.
I have not slept through the night in 163 days now thanks to my landlord and upstairs neighbor. This dude, after I went off on the landlord in an email on May 16th at 730am, after this guy vacuumed at 3:30am and I called police and waited until 5am for them to show, has now stopped his rein of terror on me for 4 nights! Oh how blessed I am now...except I am conditioned to be woken up at 2am, and 3:30am, and 4:30 am etc...so I still do wake up, and then wheels of stress start spinning and I cannot get back to sleep - I drift around 6:30am and clock watch until coffee done at 7:15am - then I get up.
You cannot function like a normal person when you are sleep deprived for that long...But not just the lack of sleep, but the fear of what is next, what are they capable of doing to push me out, the inability to stop the terrorizing, the threat of looming eviction attempt and being the innocent party - to have someone hate you, demoralize you, slander you, shred your character, build a smear campaign on false and fabricated evidence and make false police reports that have prejudiced the attending officer on my call so badly the officer GASLIGHTED me - horrible (no police have ever came out on me, b/c I never did anything, so I am leaning that possible false reports).
On top of that, being unemployed, debilitated with this broken wrist, unable to attend to application against the landlord to copy and print evidence by a deadline in an interim order- except nothing is open to do this....

My anxiety is maxed out!
And get this, the landlords reply to my May 16th email...a notice of entry (NOE) for today to show to a REALTOR
I declined access due to covid - my right.
There was no NOE for the upstairs neighbor...and they didn't go to his apt.
They are pulling out all the stops to intimidate me - or maybe they are giving up and are truly selling, or maybe they are fake selling to get me out.
Very dangerous and possibly very expensive game if it is a "bad faith" eviction.
They work out of the shop here on the property to maintain the other rentals. The LL nephew works out of this shop at times. The LL uses the shop to get away from the actual LL (his wife) - drinks beer, listens to music, he loves it. She may be pushing.
My applications against them, if I win, I still win, they don't don't get of compensation.
This might be what I need to leave as rents are going down a bit, or maybe I will get a real landlord...b/c I don't have to move b/c they are selling. Only if purchaser wants to move in and then they would have to intend to live here for a year or they could be found liable, fined and have to pay me
Sorry rambling.
The good thing that came out of this was my brother coming to my defense. He has been my rock over the last few weeks. I wish I had told him about all this sooner - I wouldn't have had to endure so much alone.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
@Springbrz, at least you can feel a bit better by knowing your story made me laugh out loud! Not at all laughing at you, just that we can all relate!

Stay well!

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
Mike Rowe reminds us that during the 2nd world war and Hitler was bombing the British, at first they all hunkered down and hid. After time, even though there was still bombing, people started coming out of hiding. The war had still not ended when they started sending children back to school.
We are social people and even those of us with hermit blood in us can only stay in hiding for a limited time.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I just found out about one of the sad under-the-radar aspects of the "new normal" with vet care. As many of you know, vets in some areas aren't seeing clients face to face (they're requiring dogs to be dropped off). That's not a big deal when you're just there for an annual visit, but what about when your dog needs to make its final trip to the vet to be put to sleep? Apparently, clients aren't able to come inside to be with the dog in its last moments. It's absolutely heartbreaking for someone I know who is going facing this. I don't blame the vets for having to be careful, but it makes a terrible day all the more agonizing.
Our vet is making an exception for euthanasia. The owner may go into the room and may sit there as long as they want to since there aren’t any other people In the office except staff,

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
There really is not much to talk about with anyone is there?All is the same from day to day.Here in Michigan my county and a few others have been declared disaster areas because of the 100 year flood we are experiencing.Locusts next?
Our little piece of earth is high enough so we are safe but the roads in every direction are mostly impassable.
I can always find something to talk about even if there is nothing to say. I was in a chat yesterday and they were irritating me for reasons more due to me than them. My internet bounced me from the room, which was good timing, so I went outside and trimmed hedges. I filled two barrels with weeds and clippings. The yard looks better and today nothing bothers me. I made sourdough pancakes with maple syrup for breakfast. I’m lucky I’m getting a lot of exercise at home.

My dogs are getting bored. Today they had a toy squabble over an invisible toy. After I broke them up and sent them to their individual corners, I searched for a toy. There wasn’t one. They just thought there was and that was enough for them.

I started watching guinea pig videos. There are thousands of them. Who knew people trained guinea pigs?

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Instead of another puppy - guinea pigs

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Well that opens a can of worms...

On one hand, I feel like watching Guinea pig videos is a sign if something seriously wrong...but now, I really am curious about them! LOL!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The pandemic affects us all differently. A few months ago Nitro's long term medication, an immune suppressant, was reduced, the goal being to wean him off it. Unfortunately, the dose has had to be increased again, and it seems like he's on it for life.

Hind sight being 20 20 vision, my vet and I know now decreasing the dose was the cause of him farting, and then developing diarrhea. The dose has had to be increased gradually, and this week Nitro's back to his optimal dose. His fart last night happened after we had gone to bed, my husband commented, "Nitro had blown off". My response while crawling out from under the covers towards Nitro was, "I can't smell it! I can't smell it!" After a month of diarrhea, his poop this morning was the best it's been in a month, pretty close to normal. I'm so happy!

Dog poop and farting, that's all I've got, sorry.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
@Springbrz , I am so sorry, I didn't mean to minimize your vent with mine...My crap just flowed out from stress. I completely understand not having the mental capacity to do what should be done. Sleep cycle is so important as well as having someone who shares your frustrations - not dismisses it. It will warm up - I hate wind, except for today, any fair days without rain in last couple weeks - trade off was crazy winds...today was nice, it's coming your way :)

·
Super Moderator
5,628 Posts
My father had a good friend that was a guinea pig judge. Yeah, that’s a thing.

I’m back at work, with my best friend (it’s just the two of us in the shop). That’s helped tremendously with my own mental health. It’s good to laugh and gripe with someone!

I had the bright idea on Monday to rearrange my bedroom. My shoulders and back are killing me! I moved ALL the furniture around (bed, dresser, desk, recliner). Scarlet has given me the stink eye over it. I had no idea she cared which wall the bed is on. Weirdo dog.

The baby (my great nephew) is highly entertaining. He’s 8 months old now, and keeps us very busy. While we’re hit pretty heavily with depression here at the house, being quarantined with this little guy has been a good thing.

I still have an unhealthy amount of dust on all the bookcases in the house. I’d really love to have a self-dusting house.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
@ GatorBytes No worries. I feel for you. I know your living situation with your mean landlord has been wearing on you for a very long time. Sometimes we all just need to vent. I'm sorry things are still going badly for you with those people. Disturbed sleep is the worst. Worse then outright insomnia and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. How is your wrist?

@ Dogma13 I'm glad your safe from the flooding. When I saw the videos on the news of the dam breeches it broke my heart for all the people in it's wake. It's just awful.

@ Dogfaries glad being back to work is giving you a good outlet and lifting your spirits. I used to be a furniture rearranger. The urge would hit about twice a year. Current furniture and tv set up doesn't allow for much change anymore. I loved changing things around. Always gave a new perspective and fresh feeling to a room when I moved things around. I do miss that.

@ Dunkirk glad you figured things out with Nitro and he is doing better. I'm sure he is too!

@ tim_s_adams I'm glad I gave you a good laugh. Laughing is good! A positive in my day giving the gift of laughter!

As my day went on there was another positive. Seems the fridge has decided to figure itself out for the moment and is now... I think.... maintaining safe temps back on it's normal setting ( so the thermometer tells me). Although there isn't much in it at the moment. Still runs a bit more than usual but not constantly like it was. Maybe something got stuck and fiddling with the temp controls unstuck it. I'm still going to continue my hunt for a new one but It doesn't feel so urgent at this moment. Pheew ...I need the time to regroup with this.

My husband decided he was capable of some small talk this evening which was nice. Another plus!
If I can muddle through the next few days the weather is looking up for the weekend and we might get some sun. I so need the sun. And Ziva needs a good walk. Even she doesn't like walking in pelting rain with 25 mph winds.
Thank you all for being so kind.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
@Springbrz ^^^that is really nice post <3 wrist is coming along, thank you for asking.

so this talk about guinea pigs got me thinking about the belching groundhog Chunk, so here is a very very short video

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Well, hubby's aunt who contracted the virus passed away last night.She and two others in the facility were first and in less than a week 3/4 of the residents and one employee tested positive.Hubby's cousin(Aunt's daughter) just arrived from Florida on a plane via Detroit(hot spot!) and wants to have a family graveside service.My FIL is 87years old and not in great shape and of course wants to attend.What a dilemma....
The family wants some sort of ritual/closure but I'm hoping they'll reconsider the physical contact.

·
Super Moderator
32,233 Posts
I'm so sorry, Terri. :(

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Well, hubby's aunt who contracted the virus passed away last night.She and two others in the facility were first and in less than a week 3/4 of the residents and one employee tested positive.Hubby's cousin(Aunt's daughter) just arrived from Florida on a plane via Detroit(hot spot!) and wants to have a family graveside service.My FIL is 87years old and not in great shape and of course wants to attend.What a dilemma....
The family wants some sort of ritual/closure but I'm hoping they'll reconsider the physical contact.
I am really sorry. I hope they reconsider as well. I understand the desire to gather our loved ones though.

·
Super Moderator
6,279 Posts
Thanks everyone.Such strange circumstances:unsure:

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Thanks everyone.Such strange circumstances:unsure:
I am sorry to hear this. This must really hit extra close to home for you to lose a family member AND be lost to this. And while you are dealing with flooding...

If they could arrange out door, IDK why it would be unsafe if people can go inside to shop in hardware stores etc. I get the church part, but church can be anywhere and spaced seating for.

821 - 840 of 890 Posts