German Shepherds Forum banner

321 - 340 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Shadow stood in the sun beam coming through the window and shook herself this morning. It was mildly disturbing, lol.
I hear what you are saying Tim.
Oddly as I watched the cloud of hair drift to the floor I found myself pondering Whoville. I may be mildly insane.

·
Registered
130 Posts
was told yesterday that we went from being essential to no longer being as essential. We are shutting down friday and staying closed until april 14th. I feel somewhat like i was broken up with, but at the same time relieved as we got a text last night that my wife's grandfather had a mild stroke. So we may be over there helping a little, but we will take this time to do things around our house that i haven't had time to do, and to continue Karma's training

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
For some reason, for me, the worse things seem, the more I find the humor in it...odd, I know!

But lately, there are times I literally start giggling or laughing, and find it hard to stop LOL!

Laughter IS sometimes the best medicine...makes me feel better.

Now, if I can just figure out how to indulge myself, without making people uncomfortable...still working on that one!

Oh well, settled on Bob for my starter's name, if anyone cares to know...

Talk about insane...makes me laugh! Go figure!

Stay well!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
For some reason, for me, the worse things seem, the more I find the humor in it...odd, I know!

But lately, there are times I literally start giggling or laughing, and find it hard to stop LOL!

Laughter IS sometimes the best medicine...makes me feel better.

Now, if I can just figure out how to indulge myself, without making people uncomfortable...still working on that one!

Oh well, settled on Bob for my starter's name, if anyone cares to know...

Talk about insane...makes me laugh! Go figure!

Stay well!
Laughter is vital! I have learned much over the last year that is proving vital to this enforced inactivity and that was top of the list. Shadow is ever willing to help out with that.
I have a thing that normally hangs in my house.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Truly words to live by.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Laughter is vital! I have learned much over the last year that is proving vital to this enforced inactivity and that was top of the list. Shadow is ever willing to help out with that.
I have a thing that normally hangs in my house.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Truly words to live by.
mine just says "this house was built on love and shenanigans"

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I’m pretty sure I’ve slept more this past week than is healthy.
I am living in a 500sq ft rented apartment that contains my camping stuff, an armchair that a customer from work gifted me and a bed. I have none of my own belongs, and nothing to do. I have no one to talk to and nowhere to go.
Sleep is a HUGE temptation. I literally get up in the morning and CLOSE the bedroom door! I refuse to allow myself in there at all until bedtime.
Since depression is an ongoing, lifelong battle for me, sleeping excessively is something I cannot allow and it sucks because the boredom is killing me.

·
Super Moderator
5,504 Posts
I was having a texting conversation with a friend at 4:00 am this morning. Her mare finally foaled. He’s so pretty!

Just now, we heard cars honking up and down my street. We ran outside, and it was a whole line of cars driving through the neighborhood - teachers with signs on their cars saying “we miss you!”. I could hear kids in their yards all excited. It was pretty cool.

Got off the phone with my kid (he and his girlfriend and Russ are quarantined together), and he is insisting I watch Tiger King on Netflix. I mean I live in Oklahoma, and we’ve always known about Joe Exotic. Apparently I need to watch it, because I have no clue how crazy those big cat people are.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Skimming old posts in this thread I see we were on knitting awhile back. I don't personally knit, but I do subsidize a number of accomplished knitters. I don't like luxury yarns because they cost more and don't stand the test of time. Best deal on yarn: quebecoise
This stuff is "itchy" (british longwool) and the colors aren't terribly "trendy" but it's dirt cheap (exchange rate) and wears like iron. If you're going to knit, make something your grandkids can hand down to their grandkids. A lot of people think they're "allergic" to wool, but most just never got cold enough to "inoculate" themselves :)

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Yes I can’t think that shutting the USA or the entire globe down like they are doing is taking it lightly. Now numbers should be going down and hopefully quickly. My daughter Skyped her friend she was up all night the other night through skype. There is zoom I had just finished a meeting and it was nice to talk to different people they had mentioned the joannes fabric. I really don’t think I cooked so much in my life the kids are loving it. Free mask kits are now being passed out outside by all Joanne’s fabrics. Laughter is vital for sure.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Skimming old posts in this thread I see we were on knitting awhile back. I don't personally knit, but I do subsidize a number of accomplished knitters. I don't like luxury yarns because they cost more and don't stand the test of time. Best deal on yarn: quebecoise
This stuff is "itchy" (british longwool) and the colors aren't terribly "trendy" but it's dirt cheap (exchange rate) and wears like iron. If you're going to knit, make something your grandkids can hand down to their grandkids. A lot of people think they're "allergic" to wool, but most just never got cold enough to "inoculate" themselves :)
Bit off topic but you mentioned stuff to pass down to grandkids.
20200325_183645[5981].jpg
My Grandmother made this when I was about four. I helped. Probably not, lol. But those colored squares, they are what taught me basic math. She had them all in piles, had me had her 1+1, +2 more, how many was that, how many of this color are left. She was very sneaky. When she passed on I snagged it from the thrift store box. It is synthetic and is now over 45 years old.
And I am actually allergic to wool, and also to lanolin. It makes finding skincare products entertaining. Lol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No more swimming in the lily pond in the park I visit, Nitro began to stink as a result. It's an amazing park, tucked away at the back of an industrial estate. I check the kanagaroos that live in the area aren't present before we go in. I gave Nitro a bath with the hose yesterday, we had hilarious fun. My daughter who's visiting from the UK is now stuck here in Australia, due to border closures and flight cancellations. My sister in New Zealand and I are having a lot of fun, sending each other Gifs.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
For whatever reason I never picked up on this thread, couldn't sleep last night and caught myself up. Although I kinda feel like a stalker peeking in a window and eavesdropping. I work for our local hospital, central scheduling so considered essential but we're really slow and on low census daily now. I'll be leaving early Friday for my turn, so lucky to be working. I wish they would send us home to work, being in a building with all this recycled air makes me a little crazy. The newest Readers Digest has an article about how good jigsaw puzzles are for people. Relaxes minds, and changes focus from day to day "crap". I saw some comments from people stuck at home and thought I would mention it. We finally had SUN today, and pleasant weather. Ohio has been chilly, gray and rainy, I think we all were breathing a little better seeing the sun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
my wife has been home this entire time so far (since march 13th). Our house hasn't been this clean since before we moved in 3 years ago lol. She has been rearranging everything!! Karma has recently discovered windows! So now during the day the blinds have to be up so she can perform her neighborhood watch duties lol. She doesn't bark at everything, but if a squirrel runs across the street, she knows it!

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
Yesterday I had to tell a very frantic person that I cannot legally ship viable seeds to Italy, it ruined my day, and it’s still bothering me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm still considered essential - IT support for the government and my state hasn't shut down yet either (MD). sighs. I don't forsee not coming in at all, although I wish I had the option without using my own leave. Hope everyone stays safe.

·
Super Moderator
5,504 Posts
Second time in the last two weeks that we’ve had no water. They keep working on the darn water lines in my neighborhood and shutting off the water. #washyourhands? Ugh talk about adding insult to injury.

321 - 340 of 386 Posts