German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't post in food section cause not planning on adding to diet.Just wondering if any of your dogs eat corn off the cob!Jakers showed interest in my just picked/steamed corn on cob.Offered it to him and he ate it just like a human across rows using front teeth.WHAT a laugh!Just to add no butter or salt on corn.He is NOT a foodie any only eats string beans and no fruits.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
We had a dog when I was younger who loved it. But one time when my Mom was feeding it to her, she snatched the whole cob and swallowed it whole!! Thank goodness the next day she puked it back up.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
We used to give Rocky corn, and I can tell you it looks the same coming out. LOL With his corn allergy we stopped giving it him.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Morgan likes corn - I cut it off the cob for her so she doesn't ingest the cob. That would be bad.

Originally Posted By: DSuddit looks the same coming out.
yeah it does doesn't it?

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
I had a cat one time that would steal corn-on-the-cob off the counter if no one was around. I have a picture of him eating the kernels right off the cob but it is packed away or I'd try to put it on here.

In the past I always would give leftover corn to my dogs. Guess mine were strange as they all would eat the kernels and then I'd toss the cob. I don't remember any trying to eat the cob itself. They enjoyed it even if it didn't stay with them. I don't do so now with my current pack.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Think I've posted it before, but my brother lost a lab due to a corncob!

Stole the cob and it lodged in her intestines.

Please don't let your dog have corn cobs.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
If you are feeding a dog dogfood that has no corn in it, why would you let their dog have a corncob?

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
I have picture like TJ stashed away some place of my St.Bernard mix eating corn on the cob. He didn't like it raw, but cooked and a little butter if you please. He would hold the cob between his paws and nibble of the corn. Never ate the cob, just he corn.

DHau, I would assume like many others I let my dog have an ear of corn as a treat, same as I give things like watermelon, carrots, etc for a treat.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
We gave Rocky corn before we knew he had an issue with it. Needless to say he doesnt get it anymore, that is why the post said used to feed him corn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts