German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the coolest toy that you have ever bought your dog, and how durable was it? I bought the a Squirrel Plush toy for Brutus-check it out Hide A Squirrel Large
He loved it, but he figured out how to take the squirrels out in no time, and he did it over and over. But then he tore them to pieces. Not very durable, lasted about 2 days.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Probably the coolest toy for Stoli was the one with a ball in a bag that barked and vibrated...scared him at first but then he loed it!! However after him forcefully tossing it around the velcro has weakened but we cn still use it....us ppl have to duck haha
The most durable is actually this octopus I bought at pet smart that has like 12 different squeakers....lasted months now and Stoli still loves to toss it around and maim it :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
The only "toy" she has ever had that lasted more than a few hours is her Kong frisbee. She just tears everything up so fast and while that has a lot of bite holes, it still works.

The best money I ever spend on her is for these giant bones. She goes NUTS over these things and they keep her entertained morning, noon and night. They have also made her grip unbelievably strong. Each one gets replaced about every 4 months, though there is still 1/4-1/3 left by that time.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
D

Definitely the toy Luck loves is his green Good Cuz ,or as it has come to be known Sqeakfeet or toy from h#!!. After two years and run ins w/ a variey of yard issues it still squeaks loudly. Best durability his Kong ball and his purple kong-like squirrel which unfortunately took a bounce down into the brush and we have not found it.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
We just purchased a screaming monkey toy for Hondo. You shoot it across the room like a sling shot and it screams like a monkey. Hondo hates it. He just looks at it like, "Seriously?"

Last night I made several attempts to get him engaged with the toy. He finally picked it up, walked across the room, dropped it, and then laid down on it.

Obviously, that was $15.00 well spent.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Kong is running 3 years strong!
How is it you can get a kong to last that long? My boy goes through a black kong every 3 to 4 weeks, and only chews it when I am home and he is happy. The Petco people see my wife coming in the door and just go get her a free replacement. We have been doing this for 2 years now.....

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kong Frisbee. They last forever.
Good to know that, I buy my dog the frisbee's that they sell at the pet store and he goes through them quickly. His teeth bite through it when he grabs it. He needs a new one right now, so I am going to try the Kong.

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
The Jolly Ball is Mauser's favorite toy right now. I tied some fleece ropes to it so I could throw it farther.

The ropes also allow Spike, the Crested, to grab hold and play tug with Mauser. :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Oddly both Bianca and my previous dog Ginger's favorite toy is/was those stuffed hedgehogs that grunt when you squeeze them. Ginger used to periodically destroy them, as she did any stuffed toy, by making a small hole and then pulling out all the stuffing and the grunting/squeaking mechanism. I kept buying them though because de-stuffing toys was her favorite pastime!
They both also loved these stuffed cows that moo when you squeeze them.

Bianca actually doesn't destroy toys purposefully. What she does do is hold a toy in her mouth and clench and unclench her jaws over and over. Eventually the squeaker breaks, or in the case of the cow toy where the 'squeaker' was a plastic voicebox, gets broken into a million tiny shards (luckily it's encased in a little fabric pouch.)

Bianca also likes the extra-large Kong tennis balls, but she always ends up breaking them into pieces inside the shell after a while.

In my opinion the coolest toy I have bought is the Dog Brick puzzle. Bianca figured it out very quickly, but she still loves when I take it out and fill it with treats for her. I want to get some of the other Nina Ottosson puzzles that are more difficult.
It is fairly durable assuming you don't let your dog take the pieces and chew on them or something. It's meant to be used under supervision, and anyway Bianca has no interest once the treats are all out so it's not something she'd play with if I didn't fill it with treats.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Zig-zag racer

Believe it or not, even when they catch it, no one has pierced the hull with a tooth. Feels like it's made like a rotomolded kayak

1 - 20 of 20 Posts