German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I pull a cookie sheet out to put in the oven all 3 dogs race for the kitchen and sit in a line and stare at me like they are expecting something.
Now I know why, I have 2 teenage sons who fix frozen french fries whenever they get a chance, the dogs line up because they each get a frozen frie before the boys put the cookie sheet in the oven. :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
That is too funny -- You should get a video/photo of that.
My Layla runs to the microwave when she hears it beep. Hmmm. I'll blame that one on my husband.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hahaah!! It's amazing how they are intelligent.....they do understand and calculate everything you make. lol. They could take the control of the planet soon.....

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
That's so cute!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I get Niko running into the kitchen when he hears me pull a knife out of the knife block. It (sometimes) means I'm cutting up meat. :) He's rarely disappointed.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
everyone I get a can out from the panty Dodger and Molly come running to see if I pulled out the green bean can for training time. usually they're sadly mistaken. lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thats funny.

Whenever I open the fridge, our Zoe comes prancing over and sits down. Not for the food in the fridge, but for the ice cubes in the freezer, lol.

So I open the freezer, take an ice cube out and give it to her, she then takes it and runs back to her bed to eat it. Helps with her teeth coming in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We get take out from a local middle eastern place. All the items come with pita bread and because I rarely eat mine, the dogs get a pita bread treat after we finish eating. Now Coconut (our true bread loving potcake) associates the smell of the Pita House to her treat. When we come in with the takeout, she dances around with that tail wagging so quickly its circular! Intially, she will be a good girl, lay down, and wait until we are finished. But once we are, every exhale is a small quiet soft whine. The longer she has to wait, the more the increase in volume. Maybe it borders on doggie abuse but sometimes we will delay the treat so we can laugh at her little "poor poor pitiful me" show!! lol .

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:DI'm not sure anymore if they're trained or I'm trained

·
Registered
78 Posts
We get take out from a local middle eastern place. All the items come with pita bread and because I rarely eat mine, the dogs get a pita bread treat after we finish eating. Now Coconut (our true bread loving potcake) associates the smell of the Pita House to her treat. When we come in with the takeout, she dances around with that tail wagging so quickly its circular! Intially, she will be a good girl, lay down, and wait until we are finished. But once we are, every exhale is a small quiet soft whine. The longer she has to wait, the more the increase in volume. Maybe it borders on doggie abuse but sometimes we will delay the treat so we can laugh at her little "poor poor pitiful me" show!! lol .
Thats funny. I've taught our Zoe the 'leave it' command. I put a treat on the floor and tell her to leave it, then after a bit I'll say 'okay' and she jumps on it and eats it.

Sometimes I try pushing her to a minute or so, and its like torture for her. She swats at the air, whines, runs circles around it, lol. Poor girl, I'm so mean aren't I?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts