German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Jaeger because I wanted a purebred GSD. My partner cheerfully acquiesced but she really would have been okay with a cocker spaniel or something smaller. Or so she thought.

Jaeger has utterly charmed her. The other day she told me "We don't need to ever have any other kind of dog but a German Shepherd, right?" :D This was just after she had told Jaeger to go lie down and he went over and pulled a blanket off the couch and hid his head under it until she burst out laughing, then ran to her and smothered her in kisses. :wub:

Good job, Jaeger! I caught her looking at knitting patterns for hats that have German Shepherd ears on them last night. :thumbup: She's been converted!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Good job! My wife converted me. I've always had a preference for labs. Our last lab was awesome, but she was a different character, not your standard friendly go happy girl. Loved kids, but she was "aloof" with adults. It's great this trait comes standard with most gsds.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was dead set on getting an Akita when we started looking for a puppy and when all these GSDs started popping up and my husband (a GSD lover) got all excited it put me out and made me start to go all anti german shepherd haha.

My sister volunteers and a humane society though and let me know of a 4 month old black GSD puppy that was being held there because it was lost. They tried to contact the owner through their microchip, phoned them, left them messages, and mailed them for 2 weeks. My husband had me call the day before to see if he was picked up yet which he wasn't so we popped in at 9 AM the next day when they opened him and adopted him in under an hour. It was a match made in heaven the way he just loved to cuddle and when I saw him I had to have him. Granted he was heavily sedated from his neutering haha.

Here I am now and I don't want anything other than GSDs haha

·
Registered
32,132 Posts
I know many on the board are not breedists, but ok, I will say it, I am. I know there are other, uhm, dogs, out there. But I just can't picture ME without a GSD. ME with a Dachsund, Doberman, or Rott? It just isn't happening. Even collies, sorry Laddie and Lassie, I may show those movies to my nieces, but that is only because K-9 isn't age appropriate.

·
Registered
990 Posts
ROFL I saw a T-shirt the other day that read:

"German shepherds, because everything else is just a dog" :D

I love love love shepherds but I would never knock back a dog that needed a home desperately because it's not a GSD :) My first dog was a Mastiff x and she was lovely :) I have a big soft spot for boofy pig hunting dogs :D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Cody and Cipper were & are my first gsds, they made me a true lover of the breed! I always wanted one, and after raising them the next dog I would get would be a gsd! Hooch is a little pitbull and he is sweet, wiggles all over, but just a difference in character,the way shepherds are!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I was converted by dog sitting a friend's 6 month old GSD. I had not even thought of one for a service dog, since the all seem to be labs or golden. I will never have another kind of dog. I enjoy having a scary smart dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lupa converted my dad. He used to hate GSDs too. Then he would say he didn't like them, but Lupa was different and even his friends would note to him how sweet and beautiful she is when they saw us out on walks. Now he says he's always liked them! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts