German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Pretty German Shepherd you got there. I always liked the Sables.”
“He is an Alsatian Shepherd and is Undercoated Taupe.”
“Oh, I’m sorry. Not familiar with the Alsatian Shepherd, I know that German Shepherds were called Alsatians in the UK for many years.”
“Well, that’s OK. I have had him for a few months now and got him from Eddie J.” (You are supposed to know who Eddie J. is.)
“Uh, OK. Well have a nice day.”
“Yeah, you as well. You shouldn’t use that type of leash you know.”
“Why not? It is just a simple leather leash, nothing wrong with that is there?”
“Leather distracts the dog’s attention and the chrome clasp is poisonous.”
“Really, I never heard that before.”
“Well, I am not surprised; most people don’t take the time to do their research. You should also get that nylon collar off. Nylon against the coat promotes infection is the ears”
“Hmm, well I will take that under advisement.”
“I see your dog has the Mid-Atlantic gene.”
“Mid-Atlantic gene?”
“I can tell by looking at their feet. You should probably keep an eye out for early dementia, or you can add used olive oil to their diet. That will keep away the dementia as well as rickets.”
“Rickets? OK. I will look into that. Thanks.”
“You know, I don’t mean to intrude, but I have studied dogs a long time and have to tell you that you are holding that leash all wrong.”
“Oh, that’s OK. I don’t mind. See ya later.”
“Never hold a leash with your whole hand; you should keep it between the thumb and ring finger. If you make a fist by accident a well bred Alsatian Shepherd will attack. It is in their breeding.”
“Well I will remember that, by the way your dog just went pee-pee on your shoe.”
“Yeah, he is supposed to, he is telling me you make him nervous.”

Now it is your turn: Continue this. What do you say next and what does he say.
:D

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL well I can't say on here what I would say in person or I'd probably see banned under my name :) Know it alls and I don't get along very well

·
Registered
32,417 Posts
:rofl:

How did you keep a straight face?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would tell him that my dog is on the all chocolate diet. Haven't you heard of it? Dark chocolate - good for the heart and cognitive development.

Actually, nah, I don't think I would kid around like that because with my luck that would be the one thing he would think was a good idea and might be dumb enough to feed his dog chocolate.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I swear to God this guy two days ago asked me when I was getting another GSD because they shouldn't be alone as the younger one learns from the older one.

I told him one was enough and that I will teach the dog what I want it to know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a half show line working line female, and she has a small roach...is that what you call it? It's not severe at all and you can hardly tell it's there unless she is standing a certain way, anyway my neighbor tells me,

"I noticed your dog has a bump on her back? Yeah, she has that because you aren't running her. You need to take her running so her spine can stretch out and straighten it out. If you don't run her then she is going to have all sorts of health issues and arthritis in her back."

"Mmhm. Thanks...."

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Taupe undercoat! Will attack if you make a fist! Supposed to pee on his shoes!

Priceless bits of little known info! THANKS! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
OP, LOL......please tell me that was really not a real conversation!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I have a half show line working line female, and she has a small roach...is that what you call it? It's not severe at all and you can hardly tell it's there unless she is standing a certain way, anyway my neighbor tells me,

"I noticed your dog has a bump on her back? Yeah, she has that because you aren't running her. You need to take her running so her spine can stretch out and straighten it out. If you don't run her then she is going to have all sorts of health issues and arthritis in her back."

"Mmhm. Thanks...."
Wow. Just Wow....I know I'm ignorant. I haven't heard of a Taupe Undercoat.....

I do know that my last GSD (dark sable) was a "wolf Hybrid" many times...there are so many experts where I live it's a joy....:p

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I see a lot of this know-it-all-ism in my line of work. The worst? The Labradoodle people. I got a lady on the phone with an "f4 Australian Labradoodle", and started telling me all about how the Australian and the American Labradoodles are distinct varieties, and how they don't shed and yadayadayada... then her husband said, "You know, I get a lot of hair in the brush when I brush her, why is that? Because this breed doesn't shed, I know..."

I said, "You have hair in the brush because your dog, like every dog except hairless dogs, will shed to some degree."

He looked at me like I was from outer space.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Just had to hear about a family member's GSD whose parents are both imported service dogs. They were service dogs when they were imported. The litters they produce are all service dogs.

My relative got a pup to accompany her on trail rides because she has seizures but they haven't been able to train the pup to stop nipping at the horse. They got a shock collar and that seems to help. It's too bad my dog is neutered cause we could have had puppies for all of the family.

I drink a lot at family events.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
OMG, not only funny but rather scarey! LOL

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wow, that tops my list. I think I would have just said 'we are on a mission, gotta go, have a nice day' and never looked back. Just have to shake your head sometimes hahaha.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
this would be priceless if the conversation took place in a vet's office LOL..Id have dragged my vet into it:)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
“Well I will remember that, by the way your dog just went pee-pee on your shoe.”[/SIZE][/FONT]
“Yeah, he is supposed to, he is telling me you make him nervous.”

Now it is your turn: Continue this. What do you say next and what does he say.
:D
I’m going to play the game! Here is how I imagine a conversation like this would play out….

Me: Oh, sorry I made your dog nervous. I’ll be on my way now.
The know-it-all: Well, you know, you can’t just walk away…
Me: Why not, your dog is clearly in distress.
The know-it-all: Do you not know a thing about these dogs… I thought everyone had read Gene Q (again, supposed to know who that is). If you had, you would know that when leaving a dog that has displayed their discomfort, you have to circle around my dog three times and then bow before leaving. If you don’t, I will not be to blame if my dog attacks you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts