German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
Well, I can speak from my experience....I was in the process of switching Gracie over to the BB adult chicken and rice and WHAM red, hot ears that she scratched until they bled. Folks on this forum suggested it was the barley and/or alfalfa. We stopped the food, put her on meds and is now cleared up!

Go down one forum to the diet/nutrition section and you'll get tons of great advice on food there! Good luck!!

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chloe DancerThe BB didn't have any corn in it. So, I am wondering if its the barley and/or alfalfa that another poster mentioned.

I was looking at Natural Balance and Royal Canine for GSDs. So, I am trying to decide between the two.
I was going to sugget the Natural Balance or Canidae. Gracie went back to her veterinary diet (she has SIBO). I went to the BB because it has FOS and MOS in it, which are important prebiotics for dogs with SIBO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.