German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He eats Wolf Cub by Solid Gold... and I mix in some Show Stopper Coat Supplement (once a day) and vitamins from my vet (twice a day).

I've taken him to the vet, and the vet checked him for fleas/ticks and said he's just fine, and nothing was detected. I maybe thought it was the food, but vet assured me it wasn't. I also asked about him dandruff and said to mix in some veg. oil in his food. I bathe him twice a month also with Earth Bath which contains Oatmeal and Aloe for dry skin.

He's itching like crazy 24/7... so if it's not the food or fleas... what is it?!?!

·
Registered
418 Posts
You might be bathing him too much, they don't need a bath unless they really stink all they need is daily brushing to keep the coat clean, My dog only gets a bath 2-3 times a year and people always say how good he smells

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I agree.
Dogs do not need baths, people need them to have baths.
Try not bathing him so much and see if that helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree.
Dogs do not need baths, people need them to have baths.
Try not bathing him so much and see if that helps.
I've had him since he was 8wks old... and has only had two baths since. I know this contradicts my previous comment (bath him 2 times a month) but what I meant was that's what I plan on doing.

The only reason he's even been bathed twice so far was because of this itching problem. The bathing has no helped/solved the itching problem.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would try a different food, it can't hurt to try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts