German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I teach my husband consistency? YES my husband!! CJ's obediance with me is getting better but with Michael CJ still pushes all boundaries. I have tried to let Michael know that a firm "NO" stops the snapping but the "AAAAHH" and pushing him is a game. Am I correct in the idea that we both need to use the same words and signals in training?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh my goodness yes to using the same commands consistently. Poor dogs get confused if two family members have different words for the same command.

You are not alone...we had the same issue at my house. Luckily, what worked here to "get on the same page" is hearing it from a pro. We hired a professional trainer recently who boarded Heidi for a few weeks for intermediate OB training. When she came back...it was my turn for coaching. DH joined me for those sessions and came back with a much better sense of what it takes to get the dog to do what we want.

DH has a lot more work to do (if he wants to) to get her to completely listen to him...but progress is being made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts