German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I admit...Ive never had a GS before. Ive had schnauzers, labs, great danes, boxers. I am considering this breed because I want a new family member and also want to get into doing pet therapy. Am I making the right choice? Also I am considering 6mo or older pups to a year old. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Do I admit...Ive never had a GS before. Ive had schnauzers, labs, great danes, boxers. I am considering this breed because I want a new family member and also want to get into doing pet therapy. Am I making the right choice? Also I am considering 6mo or older pups to a year old. Any advice?
If you've had all that experience with those breeds, a GSD would be just great. You will, however, need one with a rock solid temperment so finding a 'responsible' breeder is key. There are too many edgy and fearful GSD's out there that would never make it for therapy work.

Just keep hanging around here, click on puppy pictures and you can ask about their breeders and dogs. Learning all the different 'flavors' of GSD's is also key. A GSD isn't a GSD isn't a GSD!!!! (but sables are the best).:wub:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts