German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella suddenly has a weepy watery eye with crusting in the corner. I have never had this happen before and my vet is closed till Monday. I am guessing CJitis. Does anyone know what I can do for her till Monday, and what will the vet do prescribe an antibiotic? Thanks for any tips.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No swellen and when I lift her eye lid the white is red more than her other eye but not excessive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
She might just have something in her eye irritating it. Or she could have scratched it. Also, the discharge from conjunctivitis is more of a pus-like quality. You can flush the eye with warm water and see if that helps. Keep an eye on her, and if she doesn't improve in a day or so make a vet appointment.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
She might also have dry eye - it can get pretty nasty. Yukon's came on suddenly and was so bad I had to make an trip to the EVet late one night.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
This sort of thing always seems to happen outside of office hours! Anyway, keep an eye on it and if it gets worse by: her scratching at it, swelling, painful, increase in the discharge, or the discharge turns a nasty pus like color, then call the e vet and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Conjunctivitis doesn't always cause pus like yuckies. Molly has follicular conjunc' as diagnosed by an ophthalmologist and she has no gunk just extreme redness.

In the past she when she did have gunk, she was prescribed antibiotics to put in her eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts