German Shepherds Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
When I was a teenager, we received a phone call, the person said they had found our dog, now we had not lost any dog but this dog had an ID disk with our contact details on. Being intrigued as to why this dog had our details, we decided to go an see this dog.

It was a young placid male GSD with an old collar and tag that I remember owning, the people that found him could not keep him in their home, so we decided to take him back with us and take him to a rescue center in the morning. We told the finders that if the owner is found then they can give them our contact details.

We brought the dog home, gave it some food and water and took him to relieve himself in the garden and put him in the conservatory for the night away from our dogs. I woke up the next morning to find him wagging his tail whilst sitting on the wicker furniture that he had destroyed.

Luckily the owners contacted us that morning and he was returned to them, we did not mention the furniture but did ask them about the collar, it turn out that my dog and theirs were at the same vets for an operation and when they collected him, he had our collar on, not sure why thy did not return the collar or put a new disk on. We removed the ID tag but let them keep the collar and told them to get a new ID disk for their dog.

·
Administrator
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
i regularly lured stray dogs home and closed them in our yard as a child. one was a husky….can’t recall why i’d gone in the house for a bit, but i came out to a destroyed section of our wooden fence and no more Oscar (his temporary name).

i washed a lot of cars after that!

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
Not my dog but a friend of mine, we were late teens, came up to our cottage for a weekend and brought the neighborhood dog (used to wander the neighborhood, went into many houses, everyone fed it, was a Cocker Spaniel I believe). Buddy stopped to grab a burger, left the dog in the car (his Mom's brand new Honda Accord, leather interior) who promptly at the door liner and half a seat, foam everywhere. Didn't like being left in the car ....

·
Registered
595 Posts
To go with the long line horror stories. I have we weathered a great many falls, summersaults and burns. The final straw...

I was exiting my back door with Apex on the long line. I live on wooded acreage without a fence. Right outside the door is a deer. I held the line with the first lunge man I was proud for a moment. Second lunge he was free.
Found Apex about an hour or so later tangled in the woods. Horribly dangerous.

·
Registered
740 Posts
i washed a lot of cars after that!
The lesson learned by young Fodder from washing all those cars. "Make sure you spend the time and money upfront to fortify the fence before bringing stray animals home."

And she has been bringing strays home ever since :)

·
Administrator
9,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
The lesson learned by young Fodder from washing all those cars. "Make sure you spend the time and money upfront to fortify the fence before bringing stray animals home."

And she has been bringing strays home ever since :)
lol… part of this is true, i just stopped bringing home huskies 😉

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Husky owners talk about things like running a wire INSIDE of their physical fences, fences with "rollers" on top, fences with stakes dug deep into the ground underneath...they see their huskies on the Roof, climbing up the wall of their shed, etc! :LOL: Luckily our husky/shep mix seems to be quite a Homebody.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts