German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8-10 week old pup has been through ALOOOOOT.

Let's start at the beginning ~

When we first got him, the breeder said he was 8 weeks old, being a beginner with german shepherd pups I believed it. He was the runt of the litter so I expected him to be small.
After he got home he developed parvo, so I took him to the vet. Everyone loved him and said they thought he looked 6 weeks, so I sunk that in, and said "I guess he is and I'm misinformed."
He had a long battle with parvo, but lost alot alot of weight. He went to a furball to all bones. He is better now and is noticeably growing.

With that being said I'm guessing right about now he is at best 10-11 weeks old, but probably more around 8-9 weeks old. He is only 10 lbs, and looks like a miniature full grown shepherd.
His legs are long and has a very slim build with no gut or nothing. I feed him super food and about 3-4 times daily with walks from time to time. I just want to know if I should up the feeding,
or just let it go with the flow. I want him to be huge, not tiny forever, but if it's just cause of the parvo he is half the size of the recommended GSD weight then we'll see.

TL;DR - 8-11 week old GSD puppy, around 10 lbs, had parvo, long legs, small torso. Any hopes he'll grow it back or is he just gonna be a small dog?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Your puppy is sure a fighter to have survived parvo! He has a lot of catching up to do and is only 8-11 weeks. He won't reach his full maturity until his is 2 years old. I have read other posts where the runt of the littler matured into the biggest :)

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Picture didn't come through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts