pup.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
i think all the concerns about a pup's weight is coming
from inexperienced dog owners who are truly concerned
about their pup's health and they want the best for their
pup.
Yes, I agree. We weighed Molly all the time when we first got her, mostly to make sure she did not lose weight or had rapid weight gain. For us it seems like the feeding recommendations on pet food packages are often too much. Since our previous dog was a rescue and brought home at 4 months old, it was difficult not having a prior comparison to make sure Molly was growing at a normal rate.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think sometimes owners get nervous because Joe Public said their puppy looks really small for a GSD. That happened to me when Russ was a pup.

Then like mentioned a lot of owners are concerned about weight because they want to make sure their pup is growing at a normal weight. We weighed Rusty often. It was fun to watch him grow...and they do grow fast.

I agree, intentions are good.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the food companies instruct people to over feed their dogs
so they can sell more food.

Yes, I agree. We weighed Molly all the time when we first got her, mostly to make sure she did not lose weight or had rapid weight gain.

>>>>> For us it seems like the feeding recommendations on pet food packages are often too much.<<<<<

Since our previous dog was a rescue and brought home at 4 months old, it was difficult not having a prior comparison to make sure Molly was growing at a normal rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts