German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time GSD owner and I'm concerned about my puppy's stool. I've had her since Tuesday and on Wednesday I had her wormed and vaccinated. She was eating Alpo when I got her but I switched her to beneful puppy until I found a brand I liked. On Friday I mixed some nutro natural chpice soft puppy food in with it and she loved it. Unfortunately she had terrible diarrhea for 12 hours. After going back to the dry food she improved. No problems until today when I returned and took her outside it was very runny. She had an accident in the house and it looks very mucousy and gross. Should I wait it out for a while or make an appointment first thing?

Thanks for the constructive/helpful comments in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Did you change the puppys food very slowly (usually about 5-7 days)? especially with being vaccinated and wormed at the same time. sometimes when the changes are made too fast it can upset the digestive tract causing it to go through the system too quickly. maybe try some boiled chicken or hamburger with rice and give her stomach some time to settle down. if poop is still green you might want to check with vet just incase it is bacterial or a parasite. i hope she feels better.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts