German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this service for an MRI for their dog? Here's the link:

Companion MRI

They're located in New York. Any comments, good or bad, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
never heard of them
but wow its about time

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
I haven't of course since I live in Oregon but have been to a similar practice here in the Portland area and I have to say they are FABULOUS! $$$ but FABULOUS!!

03/08/08 MRI Total $2,120.00

$1,445.00 MRI including Anesthesia
$165.00 Gadolinium Administration (dye)
$510.00 3 Additional Series

05/20/06 Elbow CT Scan $595.00

http://www.vdic.com/owners/default.asp

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.
There are actually MRI facilities very close to where I live, but the price difference between OVC and Companion MRI is staggering. Even with the drive across the border, there is a huge cost savings and that money can go towards other costs, like chiropractic treatments and hydrotherapy.
I wanted to make sure that it was a credible organization first, before looking any further into the procedure.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd be very interested in who's interpreting the exams. The prettiest, best performed exam in the world is worthless without an educated set of eyes looking at it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted By: LucinaI'd be very interested in who's interpreting the exams. The prettiest, best performed exam in the world is worthless without an educated set of eyes looking at it.
That's a good point. According to their information, the MRI is interpreted by a veterinary board-certified radiologist and results are sent to the client's vet. They also provide a disc containing the images that you can take with you after the procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts